Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I messed up the only thing I had going for me...... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archlord destin)
    She drove 400 miles in the middle of the night to try and find me, despite not knowing where I lived precisely. (I didn't have a way to communicate to her at the time. net down, phone broken.)
    Im not sure if people do that for people they don't care about.
    How old is this girl? How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    How old is this girl? How old are you?
    I'm 18 and shes 19.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and shes 19.
    Hmm. Well try and get in touch with her, find out what's going on but most importantly:

Get off the game.

ReputationRep:
    I feel really sorry for the O.P.; he's stuck in a rotten little rut which is probably gonna be pretty difficult to get out of. You've got a really good opertunity in University to start afresh, make a few mates, start going out and whatnot. It's a smashing chance and you'd be a fool to mess it up. Seriously, your biography suggests you've seen some pretty tough times, tougher than 95% of British teenagers I'd wager - I hope you pull through in the end.

I breifly played WoW, and I thought it was an awesome game (I adore escapist fiction anyway, so I guess I'm inclined to that sort of thing anyway); a really well rendered fantasy world, great music and great gameplay. I stopped because I couldn't afford the monthly fee. Good game though; people just have to learn not to abuse it.

Good luck, son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    I feel really sorry for the O.P.; he's stuck in a rotten little rut which is probably gonna be pretty difficult to get out of. You've got a really good opertunity in University to start afresh, make a few mates, start going out and whatnot. It's a smashing chance and you'd be a fool to mess it up. Seriously, your biography suggests you've seen some pretty tough times, tougher than 95% of British teenagers I'd wager - I hope you pull through in the end.

I breifly played WoW, and I thought it was an awesome game (I adore escapist fiction anyway, so I guess I'm inclined to that sort of thing anyway); a really well rendered fantasy world, great music and great gameplay. I stopped because I couldn't afford the monthly fee. Good game though; people just have to learn not to abuse it.

Good luck, son.
    Thanks for the sympathy

ReputationRep:
    She drove 400 miles randomly. WTF did she hope to achieve from that, did she think that she would get lucky and find your house?

Anyway I read your other post this morning and decided to wait to respond.

It sounds like you have had a rough upbringing but you're still alive. In order to make friends you don't have to quit WoW(I personally have never played it but is it equivalent to football manager?). You can still play it but make sure you have a healthy balance of game time and real life time, try joining a club i.e. book club or something that you like, so that you can talk to other people.

Maybe even talk to people at your school, it will be a slow battle but you can make friends easily, all it takes is a 'hello' and then you talk from there, about interests etc.

Good luck and forget about this girl in the sense that she is there and you can talk to her but you need to make real friends, the ones you can talk to on msn and meet up with etc.

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd. Turn off the computer OP

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP is essentially trying to say he chose the wrong path in life, and feels like he lost one of his only friends.

Though some people don't understand Warcraft lingo, so i've put it into picture form.

ReputationRep:
    WoW<Game of life.

Try going out on a weekend.
    Going to bars, nightclubs and generally having a good time.
    Say hi to people in the street.
    Be positive.

JUST LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL

ReputationRep:
    You're a complete and utter loser. It worries me how people in society can be this weird :confused:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=894741
    ^^ most of this is still relevant (long read and I was the OP)

Anyway, about 3 months ago, I made a friend through WoW (trolls, GTFO). We became friends because we were in the same guild and she seemed a little off, so I asked her what the matter was. From there, we became best friends because we were both emotionally F***ed and needed eachother.
    I just want to stress at this point, that I have tried every method under the sun and she was the only proper friend that I have made in 11 years.
    Anyway, in the game, I love raiding. Its an amazing feeling to go with 24 other people and kill something with infinity-gazillion hp. She had told me that we would still be friends if I wanted to go to a proper raiding guild. We would still be in touch by text, e-mail, msn and in game whispers so we would still be best friends.
    last night, I left and joined a proper raiding guild, but now she doesn't want anything to do with me.
    Apparently she "didn't know it would hurt this much" when she said we would still be friends.
    And now I don't know what to do. I'm going to be completely alone again and death is preferable to that. Ive tried to talk to her but she just doesn't want anything to do with me.

Erm.

I think i'll prescribe you a Cold Shower with a Slap in the Face and perhaps a little Touch of Reality.

ReputationRep:
    Imo you're main problem is you've convinced yourself you're ****** up.
    You're just lonely and taken consolation in anything showing you attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    I think the OP is essentially trying to say he chose the wrong path in life, and feels like he lost one of his only friends.

Though some people don't understand Warcraft lingo, so i've put it into picture form.
    As funny as that is, you need to move the green branch to just after the "birthdays/friends etc." bit.
    and the friends abandon you to before WoW

ReputationRep:
    lol, poor you. Get in contact with her (via telephone!!) and hopefully you can persuade her that she's a knob and you'll both move on with your lives. Also, stop feeling sorry for yourself, even if it did provide me with lol moments.

ReputationRep:
    Been reading over the latest comments.
    Yep.
    Until you stop feeling sorry for yourself you are a lost cause.
    Tough love.

ReputationRep:
    You make it sound like the two of you going and killing people on the game is the most romantic thing ever :yikes: I LOL'D but it seems like you are pretty serious about this.

OP it will pass and you will get on with your life (yeh you don't believe me, I know). Until you meet people in the real world maybe you could find someone else to go 'raiding' with?

ReputationRep:
    Why does this 'story' feel like deja vu? :hmmmm2:

Lol, i'm loving the empathic vibe that people with obviously no similar experiences (and no ability to appreciate those experiences, regardless of their own) are giving off. Top stuff guys, top stuff.

To OP.

Well, she's an Fd up girl and Fd up people react unpredictably. You have to realise that. If WoW means as much to her as it does to her, then you leaving to "raid" is the same as a "boyfriend" leaving his "girlfriend" to go golfing on the weekend, in a way. Don't expect girls to be direct, and with her, i would be ever more apprehensive of her unpredictability.

I would tell her that there's nothing in the world you want more than to spend time with her, doing whatever. WoW, RL, MSN, whatever. It makes no difference to you (assuming that you like her as you say you do; i mean why the F would you leave to go raiding anyway?)

I would also advise you to quit WoW. I know life's difficult, but seriously, you'll improve your social skills better on some place like TSR than WoW, where people just talk rather than obsessively play a fairly simplistic game.

About your results, it's not your revision technique, it's about where your mind is. With WoW always on your mind, it is unsurprising that you would fare badly, with your mind always drifting off as you try to revise. I mean i'm obsessed with non studying activities and thus find it excessively difficult to concencrate on studying, but what you have to do is simply focus. I know it's difficult, but it can be done. Just STOP thinking of WoW, her, bullying, whatever. Just read. Absorb.

Other than that, my advice is to wait for university. Don't antagonize people, by insults or otherwise, because then you'll be inviting negativity. Be nice to people, don't expect anything, be calm and talk politely, and i bet you'll have made a few friends in no time.

You also might considering finding your passion in life. Forget games or the girl. What are you interested in. You've had a horrible life; do you feel so upset at this that you'd be willing to become a social services worker? Or a policeman? Or maybe something greater?

The only thing that constrains you are your ambitions and time. The higher your ambitions and the more time you put into things, the more likely you are to succeed. Do not be belittled by people telling you you're unintelligent. Hard work counts for much more than intelligence at most academic levels. Be prepared to work your ass off unless you want to be stuck in front of a computer screen in an unhealthy relationship with an unstable girl in your parents basement (or your room).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    You make it sound like the two of you going and killing people on the game is the most romantic thing ever :yikes: I LOL'D but it seems like you are pretty serious about this.

OP it will pass and you will get on with your life (yeh you don't believe me, I know). Until you meet people in the real world maybe you could find someone else to go 'raiding' with?
    Our relationship wasn't anything like GF/BF, just good friends (bit of a shame IMO).
    I just really want to get her back.

ReputationRep:
    I did a raid tonight.
    Normally, what we did would put a smile on my face for hours but I just didn't enjoy it.
    I know I haven't gone off raiding, so it must be this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.