Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I messed up the only thing I had going for me...... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Much ado about nothing. All that drama over a raid or whatever? I suggest you cancel wow and get a job/new hobby. Whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archlord destin)
    Our relationship wasn't anything like GF/BF, just good friends (bit of a shame IMO).
    I just really want to get her back.
    This can be the worst... sneaks up on you and then hits you hard :ninja: Also you mentioned that she was/is emotional f***** up. You obviously have put a lot of feeling into her and considering that she is unstable (I dont mean that about her in an offensive way) then it was always going to be a risk :yep:

Send her one message saying you want to talk; leave it upto her and try and enjoy your own life. Once you do start enjoying yourself she may come running back.

ReputationRep:
    Edit: Please don't troll. She is an internet friend but her friendship means a lot to me.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=894741
    ^^ most of this is still relevant (long read and I was the OP)

Anyway, about 3 months ago, I made a friend through WoW (trolls, GTFO). We became friends because we were in the same guild and she seemed a little off, so I asked her what the matter was. From there, we became best friends because we were both emotionally F***ed and needed eachother.
    I just want to stress at this point, that I have tried every method under the sun and she was the only proper friend that I have made in 11 years.
    Anyway, in the game, I love raiding. Its an amazing feeling to go with 24 other people and kill something with infinity-gazillion hp. She had told me that we would still be friends if I wanted to go to a proper raiding guild. We would still be in touch by text, e-mail, msn and in game whispers so we would still be best friends.
    last night, I left and joined a proper raiding guild, but now she doesn't want anything to do with me.
    Apparently she "didn't know it would hurt this much" when she said we would still be friends.
    And now I don't know what to do. I'm going to be completely alone again and death is preferable to that. Ive tried to talk to her but she just doesn't want anything to do with me.
    Are you serious? Anyways I'm off to my "raiding guild". Cya

ReputationRep:

Original posting response
    Reading your previous thread, and this one...

I really advise you talk to your doctor about getting counselling to work through your issues. You're not going to get the help/attention you deserve on here, and will probably get a fair bit of abuse; which will only make you feel worse. You sound as if you need someone qualified to interpret your problems and I really hope you work your way through it.

Really, consider it. Good luck, I know it's difficult - I've been to a counsellor before, and they're really not that bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    Reading your previous thread, and this one...

I really advise you talk to your doctor about getting counselling to work through your issues. You're not going to get the help/attention you deserve on here, and will probably get a fair bit of abuse; which will only make you feel worse. You sound as if you need someone qualified to interpret your problems and I really hope you work your way through it.

Really, consider it. Good luck, I know it's difficult - I've been to a counsellor before, and they're really not that bad!
    I have.
    Still waiting for word back from the company that handles the phycological stuff, but the GP wants to do the CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) thing.

ReputationRep:
    I have.
    Still waiting for word back from the company that handles the phycological stuff, but the GP wants to do the CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) thing.
    I'd recommend trying it out... if you don't like it you can stop.

Anything is worth a try if it helps you sort yourself out :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow. [EDIT: I actually meant the word, 'wow', but I've just realised that this is like, the greatest play on worlds ever....OH SNAP I DID IT AGAIN!!!!1]

Seriously get a life - make some real friends.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the idiots on here....

What surprises me most reading some of the posts is that you havnt made friends: on the internet, at least, you sound like a clever/kind person.

Leave whatever guild it was; im not sure if this has been said, but if she was a gd friend she would forgive you.

ReputationRep:
    OMG, this thread is too emo. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    :console:

I actually feel really sorry for you.
    I don't think some people understand how hard it can be to make friends when so much ***** has happened in someone's life. I haven't experienced this personally, but i do have a few friends who were in a similar situation. It's just a matter of finding that person who can change things for you.
    And i can clearly see that you care about this girl, and she must care about you if she is wiling to drive that way. But something more than just the problem on WOW must be causing this. Phone her, message her.
    But remember there are so many opportunities out there--they just haven't come to you yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    To get advice from a bunch of unqualified A-level students?
    Hahaha i love this man!! Let it be known that i love this man!!!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I don't expect any more 'stop playing WoW' posts will be useful to the OP, as the first million didn't seem to have any positive effect XD Repetition is futile. Secondly, lots of people on here seem to be missing the point. The fact that the OP has selected WoW as a means of retreating from reality is only an effect of his problems, not the root. The escape route could be anything else; watching films obsessively, trashy novels, any other game - its a classic example of a mechanism for coping with that cold seemingly impenetrable mass of loneliness, which is the real problem, not the addiction to 'raiding'. (?) Additionally, if you think that people are rejected by society because they look angry or go around with some kind of metaphorical chainsaw, your perception of human nature is so erroneous that it makes me shudder. I know so many people who are arrogant, cocky and cruel who have plenty of friends, despite biting people's heads of (figuratively) all the time. It's usually people who have a different way of looking at things, or are sad and reflective, shy and vulnerable that stimulate a negative response. Oh, if only it really were the genuinely aggressive people who couldn't make friends! If you think human beings are so just, you're deluded.

OP: I went on the other link, and you mentioned that you used to enjoy reading novels - why don't you immerse yourself in literature as a form of escapism now? Reading will always give you slower, more peaceful, lasting enjoyment compared to a game, which in the long term can make you agitated and frustrated. Stephen King is particularly addictive [:
    Unfortunately, the NHS isn't exactly the best institution for dealing with mental health, unless you've got a serious diagnosis like bipolar or schizophrenia; replies can take months or years to receive. The sector of the health service that gets the least funding is the psychological one, and now during this economic climate, staff reductions are going to be on the increase. They are also reluctant to treat people with general emotional problems that do not fit in neatly into their diagnoses, as they have to prioritise.
    Do you have any idea what it is that you say that drives people away from you? Often the not knowing why is the hardest part. People say 'be cheerful' or 'positive people are always popular', but that's such a crude and simplistic piece of advice. Another such truism is, 'be interested in the other person and they will like you'. Unfortunately, after years of bullying, such attempts can seem painfully awkward and forced. It is no wonder that making friends online seems easier, specially when you have something easy to start talking about, like WoW. I know that I have to start talking about something I feel confident about, such as an accessible topic like literature or politics, in order to make friends with someone, otherwise it's impossible for me. Even then it's easier online than in real life.
    With regard to the WoW girl, I would try and rejoin her 'guild' whatever that is as quickly as possible, if I were you. It would show that she means more to you than if you hadn't left in the first place, because it implies that when the conflict over 'raiding', something else that you enjoy, and her friendship, arises, there is no question over which is more important if you are decisive over which is worth more straight away.

I hope this has helped. PM me if you ever want to speak to somebody.

ReputationRep:
    Damnn dude, when you have problems dont come to TSR because about 60% of TSR will rip the **** out of you.

ReputationRep:
    I beleive I said "Trolls, GTFO"
    He's helping the troll in you

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I've not read the whole 5 pages, but i think the main thing we should "help" you with is actually making friends in the real world. You say you've tried and failed for 11 years, but can you tell us what you did? Tell us exactly. Making friends on WoW is completely different to the real world, and i'm afraid only the latter will help you in the long run.

So...care to share a bit more?

ReputationRep:
    This troll is kinda obvious dontcha think?

ReputationRep:
    OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS ????

caps

ReputationRep:
    The girl you are talking to, is really a 45 year old man.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how much you realise that you have some serious problems, and I am in no way being rude, but, I hate people like your self, the reason being is because your selfish, I know your type way too well, you will come, ask for advice and go about on your daily life not taking on any of the advice given to you, the only reason your sharing your "problem" is because you want attention, let me rephrase, NEED attention! And its your needy attitude that is driving everybody away from you.
    You have to change if you want any relationship in life, and that doesn't mean with only girls, there is much more important things in life than just girls. You have to give others value, you have to give others attention, you have to read more books, read more about a variety of subjects, I always beleive that knowledge is key to a conversation, otherwise what are you always going to be talking about? How bad the wheather in the UK is?

You have to gain confidence in your self, you have to value your self, your problem isn't a person on WoW, but your problem is YOU! You've been so trapped in your own world that you don't realise how much bullsh** your talking!

Gaining confidence isnt easy, I will never say that it is, I've been through a lot of **** through my life, and my childhood hasn't exactly been perfect, but I changed because I was commited! Because I wanted it, in life you dont have to be Einstien to do what you want, but you must be commited! I beleive the key to confidence is self investment, the same way you would buy a car and then modify it, personalize it, enhance it, tune it! Except your doing all this to your self, instead of a car, because at the end of the day, if you dont invest in yourself, then even you wont believe that your social value has increased, you wont beleive you have anything going for you, and if you dont beleive it, then nobody else will either.

Right now if i could scale your social value from 1 to 10, it would proberbly be minus 3.5, look how pathetic you are, pull your self in to reality and look at what your complaining about, I might be harsh, but atleast I'm telling you the truth, I;m giving you ways to get out of this world you are trapped in, but I know exactly what your going to do, your going to ignore this post meaning I've written all this for nothing, and you will carry on with your sad life instead of making a change and actually gaining everybodys respect, but even more importantly, gaining your own respect.

I would write more but got a long day tomorrow.

Change!
    Improve yourself!
    Be COMMITTED!

ReputationRep:
    hhahaha this is hilarious

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.