Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 days late, negative pregnancy test? Watch

Hi, i am 17 days late for my period, the last period i had was on the 7th of june, i am normally very heavy and very regular.

i went to doc he done another test which was negative but said he was pretty sure i am as i have symptoms and i am so regular, i was told to sit it out and wait till i get a positive.

I just want to know if i am or not, its like my life has stopped till i know,

i have recently been on a plane to which always help my periods...if it was due...

I am i supposed to wait ontil i have a huge belly or something?

ReputationRep:
    im surprised the doctor didnt give you a blood test!
    im in the same boat as you! 2 1/2 weeks late and 2 tests were negative but still need to see the doc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_lucie)
    im surprised the doctor didnt give you a blood test!
    im in the same boat as you! 2 1/2 weeks late and 2 tests were negative but still need to see the doc
    yeah im quite suprised he didnt give you a blood test.
    Strange

You could ask the doc to give a blood test but the results take days i think so you would stil be waiting
    If the doctor isnt worried you shouldnt be worried.

Im normally regular and i had this issue a while back but i came on eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, i am 17 days late for my period, the last period i had was on the 7th of june, i am normally very heavy and very regular.

i went to doc he done another test which was negative but said he was pretty sure i am as i have symptoms and i am so regular, i was told to sit it out and wait till i get a positive.

I just want to know if i am or not, its like my life has stopped till i know,

i have recently been on a plane to which always help my periods...if it was due...

I am i supposed to wait ontil i have a huge belly or something?
    Lol, I'd hope not! If you're still testing negative in a few weeks, ask him for a blood test. The next step, I suppose, would be an ultrasound, rather than just waiting for your belly to start getting bigger! You need to do this through your GP though, rather than via the internet...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah when i was ridiculously late once (accompanied by a lot of being sick and weeing) i got sent for an ultrasound after a negative pg test.
    Turns out i wasn't up the duff but had something else lol.
    There's loads of causes of late periods..as i found out! Chase up the doctor!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.