Turn on thread page Beta

Diesel Models watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Well, really, you're doing them a favour by going as you're adding new clientele to their database=more work for them. I've heard that real modelling agencies shouldn't ask you to pay any money upfront! I don't know how you applied for it so can't really comment on whether it's genuine or not, I'd just be careful!

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...8154446AAKytaF

take a read at the above and make up your own mind.
    usually models are scouted by an agency (diesel models is NOT an agency) or models approach an agency directly.
    i've never had any exprience with diesel models so i cannot tell you whether they are legit.. but don't be confused thinking they are a modelling agency because they aren't... diesel models wil not get you modelling jobs they just claim to create portfolios

anyway good luck whatever u choose to do

edit: just relieased on that yahoo answers i posted a lot of the postivie comments are from new users... possibility it could be one person who works for diesel models with many accounts.

just google diesel models and scams.
    please do some research!

ReputationRep:
    iiitttssss aaaa ssscccaaammm!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've decided not to go for it as I wasn't fussed at first and I'm not bothered about going all the way to London lol. I've heard of Diesel Models before and I knew it wasn't an agency, more of a portfolio starting thing.

ReputationRep:
    You won't get anywhere with them.

ReputationRep:
    I took my girlfriend there and we got emotionally blackmailed to pay £500 for pics of a really questionable standard.

I took her to storm studio nearby and they told her they don't accept portfolios if you're not even part of an agency. She was told to join an agency first which would accept her and not charge any fees.

I go scammed as I payed it for her!!!

ReputationRep:
    Diesel Models are doing exactly the same as Zebra Connection...

The BBC have just exposed Zebra, on 11 January 2010, click: http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/h...00/8452484.stm

Diesel claim they will kick-start your modelling career. The only thing they kick - is you!

They can charge you up to £1,500 for a useless portfolio, which no legitimate agency will use.

All you need is a couple of snapshots to send to a legitimate agency.

Diesel claim they will find you an agency, but they just pick them out of the telephone book. These legitimate agents won't work with Diesel!

Click:

http://dieselmodel.blogspot.com

http://thezebracollection.blogspot.com

Many students have been taken in by these tricksters.

Beware...!

ReputationRep:
    Do not think that just because you have decent photographs, that an agency will accept you.
    Apply directly to the agency with normal photographs of yourself (from the front view of your face, and the side of it) and they'll get in touch with you.

Try Models 1 or Storm for example where you can directly apply to them.

Diesel models tried to snare me when I was 16 but my mum said it was a waste of money.
    So we didn't go through with it and I'm so glad I didn't.
    If you look good enough, a normal photo of you taken with your digital camera will be sufficient. REAL modelling agencies will know what to look for.
    Don't waste your time and be careful to not get eaten up by a fake agency.

ReputationRep:
    DON'T DO IT!

I was tricked into thinking this would be of benefit to me, I stupidly booked a photo shoot without doing research. Diesel models is literally a photographic studio, and a crappy one at that!

i managed to get out of there without buying the pictures but that was only because my dad was there to help. The people were rude to me and they say the shoot is 4 hours but it only took 1, the rest of the time is spent trying to sell you the pictures.
    First they offered me 8 pictures for £400 but suddenly when I argued they knocked it down to £200!

the pictures were not to a high standard and would not get you modelling work!

please please please anyone considering it, don't.

If your interested in modelling I had a great experience at The London School of Modelling, they do a FREE trial day which is about 1000000x better. And a model I spoke to there said she would never work with diesel models, and she's been in the industry for many years.

oh and the photographer went out to buy his lunch half way through the shoot and left me sitting around waiting for him to come back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyndseyd90)
    DON'T DO IT!

I was tricked into thinking this would be of benefit to me, I stupidly booked a photo shoot without doing research. Diesel models is literally a photographic studio, and a crappy one at that!

i managed to get out of there without buying the pictures but that was only because my dad was there to help. The people were rude to me and they say the shoot is 4 hours but it only took 1, the rest of the time is spent trying to sell you the pictures.
    First they offered me 8 pictures for £400 but suddenly when I argued they knocked it down to £200!

the pictures were not to a high standard and would not get you modelling work!

please please please anyone considering it, don't.

If your interested in modelling I had a great experience at The London School of Modelling, they do a FREE trial day which is about 1000000x better. And a model I spoke to there said she would never work with diesel models, and she's been in the industry for many years.

oh and the photographer went out to buy his lunch half way through the shoot and left me sitting around waiting for him to come back.
    Sorry to hear about this!

I was the one paying for the pictures for my girlfriend. It was ridiculous.. they said £800 for all pictures. She said 12 for £500, then they said we could have all 800 of them anyway (Probably cos they didn't want to sort through) What if we'd paid £800 when they'd give you for free anyway. Her pics really were of questionable standards..

ReputationRep:
    Well after reading all of this I decided to look online and do my own research. www.dieselmodels.co.uk clearly states on their website they are not a modelling agency and that they DO NOT find models work?

I have not used Diesel Models but was contacted after sending a picture in online. They called me about a week later explaining what it is they do. Which included `we are not an agency` `we do not find you work` `we invite all models that contact us for a photoshoot to build a portfolio`!

They told me if I wanted any photos then I would have to pay for them starting from £50 a photo.

I did not need a portfolio so declined the offer. At no stage during our conversation did they try and `scam` me? They merely offered me a chance to get a portfolio.

Daria

ReputationRep:
    The point is they try to persuade you that the portfolio they provide will help you to get modelling work and they push the fact they have a list of 'contacts' in the industry that, when you've bought the pictures, they'll put you in touch with. - it wont help you get work and they'll rinse you for hundreds of pounds for poor photos.

I think it's probably a good idea to trust people that have actually been to the studio rather than the salesperson on the phone.

I think most people have come on here to help other people not go through the same thing rather than just because they feel like saying something mean about diesel models!

ReputationRep:
    p.s. they sell you a minimum of 8 photos which they fail to mention on the phone

ReputationRep:
    I just done a shoot today where i was told £500 upfront for 10 photos and an extra 349 for a website in my name to be set up, im firly new to this and thought it was legit, managed to haggle down to £200 on the day for all my photos, with 6 months standing order of £99 meaning im gonna end up paying £849 in the end anyway, im mortified to find out this is a scam is there anyway for me to get out of it or get my money back since i haven't received the photos yet?

ReputationRep:
    I just done a shoot today where i was told £500 upfront for 10 photos and an extra 349 for a website in my name to be set up, im firly new to this and thought it was legit, managed to haggle down to £200 on the day for all my photos, with 6 months standing order of £99 meaning im gonna end up paying £849 in the end anyway, im mortified to find out this is a scam is there anyway for me to get out of it or get my money back since i haven't received the photos yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw33t1n)
    I'm really sorry but probably not, it took me ages just to get my deposit back off them after not buying any photos! you'll probably get what you've paid for but it may not pay for itself in terms of the work you get from it any time soon - but if they come out well i suppose you might be spotted!
    if they don't deliver what you've agreed and paid for then you have the right to claim your money back tho.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say everyone thinks they are a real agency, they arnt they just take your portfolio, and find you an agency, i know a couple of people who done this modelling then got an agency!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.
    i went with diesel models and travelled all the way from chesterfield at 4 in the morning with my dad and the studio wasnt gret it was at a place called pure space?? anyway they did my makeup n took the photos n they look great. she started to tell me ten photos were 500 pound i told her to get lost n finally got 26 photos for 250 pound. the thing that really annoyed me was she was saying that you could only pay on the day and i argued so she let me pay two installments. anyway ve just paid it off so should get my photos through soon and my friend is going to set up a website for me and ill contac t a couple of agencies oh and obviously put the pics on facebook as you do! but ill let you know how it actually goes and if i get anywhere from it. has anyone actually recieved photos freom them?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

somebody please advise me,.. I went with diesel models had a photo shoot end of july. I dont know if I have got into the scam. I brought the portfolio for £500/ 10 pictures. for direct debt for 4 months., i paid the initial amount of £150.. the remaining amount divided £88.54 for 5 months.. my first payment is on 21st of Aug. somebody please advise me, can I go ahead and pay my first installment or cancel it? can I cancel it now? is it worth spending £500 for 10 pictures. I am confused! ???

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.