Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do u tell your bf your on your period Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Just tell him, otherwise he is going to have one hell of a shock.

I find the best way is to give him other things instead, if you get what I mean Tom loves me being on cos he gets special treats that he rarely gets normally.
    Now I'm starting to wish you where my GF :awseome:

Joking

ReputationRep:
    I agree, just tell him. If you're in a relationship with him, you most probably trust him and he'll understand completely, it's natural! Plus you get to concentrate on him, so if he does get a bit huffy..that will shut him up

ReputationRep:
    I always tell him, he'll find out anyway. We still have sex though, but I let him know beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriends are generally thrilled when I come on, mostly because I become such a monster when I'm due on that the second I come on, I'm a lot nicer :p:
    But yeah, tell him. I'm just guessing it's nicer that way then him discovering the other way. Ick.

ReputationRep:
    I always tell mine, he likes to know that we don't have a little one on the way. Plus he's happy to talk about it openly, so it's all good. They need to know when we're closed for maintenance, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If you like him enough for him to be your boyfriend then surely you should be able to feel comfortable enough to tell him you're on your period. My ex used to be better than me and know when I was due on rather than me having to tell him!! I'm sure you have nothing to worry about in his reaction when you tell him, if anything, this time will work better in his favour lol!

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend always guesses when im on due to mardyness lol but yeh we have a silly code question hel ask me or il say to him to let him know. we have a pact though.. when im on we dont do anything, only fair

ReputationRep:
    If you're grown up enough to sleep with each other, surely you're grown up enough to tell each other things like that? The very first time my boyfriend tried anything on me I was on and I had to get him to stop. He looked terrifed that he'd tried to do something I wasn't ready for the poor thing, but once I told him why he perked right up :p: Gave him something to look forward to anyways :p:

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend tells me. It's not at all weird, it's just natural. Once you have progressed passed the period you can move onto farting in front of each other and the like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Haha, the first time I was on while we were together, his mum invited me to stay over but I was like 'oh, sorry, I can't, mum's expecting me home' etc, and when we were talking on msn later I tried to tell him why, you know 'it's that time of the month' etc, and he really didn't understand so I had to tell him straight and he shut up about it.

After that I'd just say 'sorry, no sex this week' and he'd get the message, but now I'm on a pill that stops my periods so it's not a bother.
    Stops your periods? Why on earth for, I went on the pill to make me get them, surely it's unhealthy not to have periods? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chp89)
    do they get grosse dout by it? I just got mine and my boyfriend was expecting to have sex with me this evening but ive just come on and im going to have to tell him, i dont know why but i get really imbarresed
    Us guys can usually tell but i preferred my girl to let me know, it would usually just come out when we were having a little 'tiff' like "sorry, i'ts just my time of the month you know" and i'd hold her in my arms and all the anger would melt away.

ReputationRep:
    Say "not tonight" and when he asks why, raise your eyebrows and make eye contact. Usually, even the stupid ones notice. That's for people who don't like saying it directly, the word "period" just conjures up so many ugly images.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    Stops your periods? Why on earth for, I went on the pill to make me get them, surely it's unhealthy not to have periods? :confused:
    For some people it causes a lot of pain and the flow's too heavy. People also apparently use it when going camping or mountaineering or something, where it would be hard to be sanitary with it.

ReputationRep:
    I like having a period, reminds me it's all functioning down there. But I can also understand how some would rather not have one, cos lets face it, they are inconvenient lol. Me and my bf don't tend to do much other than kissing and cuddling when i'm on, cos it's unfair for him to still be getting the goods while i'm not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    Well I've been on it for almost a year now and I've had no side effects, I just started taking the pill back to back without the seven day break. I knew it made your periods regular but didn't know it gave you them

ReputationRep:
    I think it gives you a period but it's like not a real period, as such.

ReputationRep:
    I usually let him know, we've been together nearly three years so it's no big deal by now.

ReputationRep:
    Its no big deal - just tell him! He'll understand - really.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really imagine not telling him tbh. With his sex drive i need to forewarn him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemSevenV)
    This is a bit silly if you ask me - It's like being worried that he might find out that you sometimes go to the toilet. It's perfectly natural. Do not worry about it
    OMG Girls do that!?!?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.