Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do u tell your bf your on your period Watch

ReputationRep:
    I always tell him, nothing to be emabarrassed about! for some reason, i always say "well, i'm not pregnant!!" and i have no idea why lol

ReputationRep:
    I tell him, it is awkward if you havent been going out long but its best to just be straight.

ReputationRep:
    I tell my bf every month, he asks too. He likes to understand everything so i was very open with him about when we first got together in 2005 lol.

He likes to understand why i get moody so he can prepare for it lol because i can get quite moody.

ReputationRep:
    haha judging by some of these posts it sounds like a lot of guys out there are either incredibly ignorant or incredibly forgetful

I mean surely it's obvious that a girl's gonna get her period at some point unless she's bloody 50? and unless its one of those weird relationships where five or six days without sex doesn't necessarily mean a period, I'd be worried about the mental health of somebody who needs reminding over and over again every time!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Now I'm starting to wish you where my GF :awseome:

Joking
    Haha no worries :p: I enjoy it too, so everyone's a winner.

Except you. Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    He already know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Haha no worries :p: I enjoy it too, so everyone's a winner.

Except you. Obviously.
    :ninja:

Well I've and done a few bits and bobs here and there , but I'm still young , not really looking to have sex yet :p: . trying to get GCSSs out the way

Anyways bye

ReputationRep:
    We usually know due to the look on your face, the anger in your eyes, the rudeness of your mouth, the foulness of your attitude and the little blue box in your bag :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you feel comfortable to have sex with the guy then I don't see how telling him you're on your period can be embarrassing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Well I've been on it for almost a year now and I've had no side effects, I just started taking the pill back to back without the seven day break. I knew it made your periods regular but didn't know it gave you them
    Oh like the mini pill? That's fab then if you get no side effects, lucky thing not having periods :p:
    Oh I had to go on the pill as my periods just weren't coming, like I'd have them maybe twice a year. Went to the doctors and said I had polycystic ovaries, meaning instead of getting a period, cysts could/would start developing instead, so I had to go on the pill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    For some people it causes a lot of pain and the flow's too heavy. People also apparently use it when going camping or mountaineering or something, where it would be hard to be sanitary with it.
    I get the camping and mountaineering part, as I've had to use the pill to stop me from coming on, but that's just occassionally. Just doesn't seem right to stop your periods for long periods of time/forever, surely it would affect your fertility?

ReputationRep:
    My (future) boyfriend will have guessed for a week beforehand while I'm bursting into tears for no reason, or snapping at him.
    PMS is a wonderful thing - it does the talking for you.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by snoogy)
    squishy
    :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    I get the camping and mountaineering part, as I've had to use the pill to stop me from coming on, but that's just occassionally. Just doesn't seem right to stop your periods for long periods of time/forever, surely it would affect your fertility?
    It's meant to be fine - it's just something the PoP pills/implant/injection can do to you as I was warned when I started on it. You can either get no periods at all, irregular periods, normal periods or constant period whilst on it.
    Guess which one I got? :sigh:

Yeah, OP, you should feel comfortable enough with him to tell him. If you don't he's going to either get a shock, or think you're being arsey with him for no reason. Just tell him outright.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    :ninja:

Well I've and done a few bits and bobs here and there , but I'm still young , not really looking to have sex yet :p: . trying to get GCSSs out the way

Anyways bye
    Cute

ReputationRep:
    you can still have sex with him whilst on ur period?

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the back door is used for then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Cute
    I hope you're not reffering to my profile picture when you say cute :p: . Because I don't think I am !. And you're cute aswell :giggle:

But yh I wouldn't mind losing it now , I nearly lost it in year eight actually. that would've been a big mastake though :yes: . I haven't kissed in like two months !.

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend used to tell me, now I always know when it is coming...sad, or not? You tell me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemSevenV)
    This is a bit silly if you ask me - It's like being worried that he might find out that you sometimes go to the toilet. It's perfectly natural. Do not worry about it
    Oh my days...you guys actually know about that?!

OP, don't worry about it, I used to get nervous but I just tell him I'm disabled and he knows what I'm talking about. I woke up one morning to see him already looking at me, I think awwww and say hello, he replies with "are you still disabled? I'm REALLY horny!" hes a nice boy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.