Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do u tell your bf your on your period Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plerpler)
    haha judging by some of these posts it sounds like a lot of guys out there are either incredibly ignorant or incredibly forgetful

I mean surely it's obvious that a girl's gonna get her period at some point unless she's bloody 50? and unless its one of those weird relationships where five or six days without sex doesn't necessarily mean a period, I'd be worried about the mental health of somebody who needs reminding over and over again every time!
    I don't suppose the guy needs to remember the date of his gfs period, in all honesty. Plus they aren't like clockwork in lots of cases, so if he did by some miracle remember the date, he might have a nasty surprise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottG)
    My girlfriend used to tell me, now I always know when it is coming...sad, or not? You tell me.
    Adorable

Especially if you buy her a big bar of chocolate and make her a hot cup of tea when she has bad cramps. Mine does, he gets extra special blow jobs all week for one kind act. Dunno how they're extra special, but they are :p:

ReputationRep:
    My ex used to get 'the look' whenever I was on. Then he got moody cause he got nothing xD

Its only fair ladies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19music4)
    I always tell him, nothing to be emabarrassed about! for some reason, i always say "well, i'm not pregnant!!" and i have no idea why lol
    Haha, I use that one quite often
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    I hope you're not reffering to my profile picture when you say cute :p: . Because I don't think I am !. And you're cute aswell :giggle:

But yh I wouldn't mind losing it now , I nearly lost it in year eight actually. that would've been a big mastake though :yes: . I haven't kissed in like two months !.
    Haha I have better things to do than look at people's photo, although now you've mentioned it.... *clicks*

I was 18 when I lost it, and I'm still with the guy and 20 in less than a month. Wait for someone special... but then everyone has a different idea on the subject!

Hehe I hadn't kissed anyone until the guy I slept with. So not exactly experienced! (Yes, I was 18...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Haha I have better things to do than look at people's photo, although now you've mentioned it.... *clicks*

I was 18 when I lost it, and I'm still with the guy and 20 in less than a month. Wait for someone special... but then everyone has a different idea on the subject!

Hehe I hadn't kissed anyone until the guy I slept with. So not exactly experienced! (Yes, I was 18...)
    Hey , you didn't ask for permission to see my profile picture :ninja:

joking

That's not bad at eighteen , there's thread on here of virgins who are twenty three :p:

As long as I lose it before twenty I'll be ok , May even lose it this summer , met this sexy girl , and she's always horny.

I firtst kissed in primary school , snogged in year six , and then it got better and better , but since GCSEs everything has died down a little , I'm not such a flirt no more , I don't think :ninja:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hey , you didn't ask for permission to see my profile picture :ninja:

joking

That's not bad at eighteen , there's thread on here of virgins who are twenty three :p:

As long as I lose it before twenty I'll be ok , May even lose it this summer , met this sexy girl , and she's always horny.

I firtst kissed in primary school , snogged in year six , and then it got better and better , but since GCSEs everything has died down a little , I'm not such a flirt no more , I don't think :ninja:
    Meh, I don't think I lost it too late. In fact, it was a lot earlier than I planned, but that's the way it went :p: We're going to be together a good long time (2056 years at last count) so might as well start as you mean to go on!

Don't set 'deadlines' for sex; have you ever watched American Pie? Awesome film.

You kissed in primary school? Best I got was a peck in infant school- we were the 'class couple' and when we did a wedding thing as our class play it was a no brainer who would do it!

Those pictures...should be burnt...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    It's meant to be fine - it's just something the PoP pills/implant/injection can do to you as I was warned when I started on it. You can either get no periods at all, irregular periods, normal periods or constant period whilst on it.
    Guess which one I got? :sigh:

Yeah, OP, you should feel comfortable enough with him to tell him. If you don't he's going to either get a shock, or think you're being arsey with him for no reason. Just tell him outright.
    You got the constant period - how do you cope?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    You got the constant period - how do you cope?! :eek:
    :laugh:
    A lot of moaning and *****ing, several trips to the doctors, an internal exam :o: and finally a changed prescription. I'm not on it any more 4 months was enough. I was on it for so long because my doctors kept being like 'just wait another few moths, see if your body sorts itself out....' I got so fed up of them, in the end I just went in and demanded a change!
    But I did want to go on the implant, so I'm disappointed my body doesn't like the PoP method.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:
    A lot of moaning and *****ing, several trips to the doctors, an internal exam :o: and finally a changed prescription. I'm not on it any more 4 months was enough. I was on it for so long because my doctors kept being like 'just wait another few moths, see if your body sorts itself out....' I got so fed up of them, in the end I just went in and demanded a change!
    But I did want to go on the implant, so I'm disappointed my body doesn't like the PoP method.
    You poor thing, what an awful experience!
    Glad it got sorted, does the implant give constant protection just like the same contraception the pill would do when taken?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    You poor thing, what an awful experience!
    Glad it got sorted, does the implant give constant protection just like the same contraception the pill would do when taken?
    Yeah, the implant is constant protection for about 3 years I think, so no worrying about missing pills, vomiting, upset stomachs. I'm not sure about anti-biotics though.
    Ahweelllll :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the implant is constant protection for about 3 years I think, so no worrying about missing pills, vomiting, upset stomachs. I'm not sure about anti-biotics though.
    Ahweelllll :sigh:
    Wow that's really good, especially not worrying about taking pills
    Hmmm I think antibiotics affect most things, so I'd feel better just using extra protection aswell as if I had to have them!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a friend who always always has a problem with her contaception. But she seems to be a full time moaner in regards to her health in general. The littless stomach ache has her in bed asking people to make her a hot water bottle o.0
    I have the upmost respect for people who can get through all the period pains and jazz without making it obvious

ReputationRep:
    Erm...I dont have a boyfriend. I just wanted to comment on some of the bizarre responses? If he's your boyfriend what's the problem in saying you're on your period- its not like its intentional!! Some of you who say your boyfriend is 'understanding'- well its a period, what's not to understand? So what he gets no 'action' for 5days- what about our cramps & hormones lol?

And someone said their boyfriend gets bjs as a 'thank you'. A thank you for what! I'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    im the same i think its more private my fella does know roughly when but we been together 2 years n if he asks n i say no n he asks y he neva realli wants to no the answer moans if i tell him or if he sees a packet of towels or tampons he moans tht thy aint betta hidden it depends on the person, but yh it is natural and men should no some stuff about it threw skool classes even if he dont no what you mean by time the month try a diff word if u dnt like syin period, e.g painters n decorators, aunite flo etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Meh, I don't think I lost it too late. In fact, it was a lot earlier than I planned, but that's the way it went :p: We're going to be together a good long time (2056 years at last count) so might as well start as you mean to go on!

Don't set 'deadlines' for sex; have you ever watched American Pie? Awesome film.

You kissed in primary school? Best I got was a peck in infant school- we were the 'class couple' and when we did a wedding thing as our class play it was a no brainer who would do it!

Those pictures...should be burnt...
    Nah I don't think eighteen is late . When did you plan to have sex ?. Hmm , couples always say " Together forever " , I don't think that's how it works. You shouldn't get your hopes high , not saying that anything is going to go wrong of course , and I hope you do stay together until 2056 + :P

Yeah I kissed in primary school. And my art teacher in year seven , some nice irish girl , she just let me touch her up . She didn't even care , she even smiled. And at the end of the year I nearly kissed her. But when I reached year nine she got kicked out for having an affair with a year eleven.

Primary school relationships where crazy lol , And our class had like 20 boys and only 10 girls. Only in touch with like two of the girls though , the rest turned into like some wierdos .

ReputationRep:
    if he thinks hes mature enough to stick himself in there, he should be mature enough to realise stuff comes out of it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nah I don't think eighteen is late . When did you plan to have sex ?. Hmm , couples always say " Together forever " , I don't think that's how it works. You shouldn't get your hopes high , not saying that anything is going to go wrong of course , and I hope you do stay together until 2056 + :P

Yeah I kissed in primary school. And my art teacher in year seven , some nice irish girl , she just let me touch her up . She didn't even care , she even smiled. And at the end of the year I nearly kissed her. But when I reached year nine she got kicked out for having an affair with a year eleven.

Primary school relationships where crazy lol , And our class had like 20 boys and only 10 girls. Only in touch with like two of the girls though , the rest turned into like some wierdos .
    Oh, it sounded like that's what you meant.

Well, we're getting a mortgage soon, so it had better be! And I didn't mean the year, I meant we're going to stay together for 2056 years (although now it's up to 3001).

That's not good! At least she won't be working in teaching again (theoratically).

I'm not in touch with any of my infant class. Or junior class. Or secondary class. Or college.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.