Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Attached to someone you've never met? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes this is completely posssible, and normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    It can work if you want it to i.e meet up but with all the rules like in a public place etc
    age doesn't have anything to do with it.

Its a natural reaction to have an attachment, your talking to someone who pas you attention so it can happen. But its so true that if you do have a disagreement online he can block you for as long as he wishes. This has happened to me a while back and we're the best of friends now. But at the time I was heart broken. [We've never met, but still talk online regularly]

I met my bf in a chat room 2 years ago, and we're still together. It was a LD relationship at first and I've moved over to his end.

Im 18, he's 21.

To be truthful, that's where I met my friend. He wnated to meet in the past, but when I bring it up now, he says I won't like him and shrugs off the suggestion.

To everyone, I'm not sure if to tell him how I feel as I feel I could lose him as a friend. Should i?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    To be truthful, that's where I met my friend. He wnated to meet in the past, but when I bring it up now, he says I won't like him and shrugs off the suggestion.

To everyone, I'm not sure if to tell him how I feel as I feel I could lose him as a friend. Should i?
    Thats what my friend does. Ive known him about the same time as you've known yours, and to be fair maybe you'll only be friends? If anything was going to come out of this, then it would have by now?
    We were planning on meeting up this summer but it's all up in the air.

You could mention that you really would like to see him to see if the feelings are there offline as well as on. It could change.

If you met 6 years ago, that would mean you were 16 and he was 31? Maybe you've got too old for him now then..

ReputationRep:
    31 year olds chatting up 16 year olds on the interwebs is pretty dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    Thats what my friend does. Ive known him about the same time as you've known yours, and to be fair maybe you'll only be friends? If anything was going to come out of this, then it would have by now?
    We were planning on meeting up this summer but it's all up in the air.

You could mention that you really would like to see him to see if the feelings are there offline as well as on. It could change.

He was really up for it for the first few years, but maybe because we didn't, he feels it could be best just to be online buddies?

And I suppose so, but until recently (after I said the wrong thing) the flirting was still present.

ReputationRep:
    I met both of my best friends on the internet, one of them I've met a few times and she's lovely, the other I'm going to meet next week for the first time. I'm very attached to both of them, particularly the one I've met, probably because I've met her. It's a bit different because we're only friends, but I think it's definitely possible to be very attached to someone you've never met.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yea 16 and 31 is a bit dodgy in retrospect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    31 year olds chatting up 16 year olds on the interwebs is pretty dodgy.

We weren't flirty at the beginning. It was just regular chatting. And it may come across as that but it wasn't in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    He was really up for it for the first few years, but maybe because we didn't, he feels it could be best just to be online buddies?

And I suppose so, but until recently (after I said the wrong thing) the flirting was still present.

Yeah, unfortunately the novelty wears off. Where as with my friend we hadn't spoken for ages because of the disagreement then he came back into my life. so the novelty came back.

Maybe your friend has met someone? and possibly feels guilty for leading you on, so to speak?

ReputationRep:
    It's more than possible but I think half the time you are just living in a fantasy world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    It's more than possible but I think half the time you are just living in a fantasy world.

Was that general or at me?

But I do think many people live in fantasy worlds.

ReputationRep:
    Was that general or at me?

But I do think many people live in fantasy worlds.
    I meant that generally sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    I meant that generally sorry

No problem, although we all live in a fantasy world in some respects. Imagining what we would prefer to happen etc.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he thinks, after all these years, it's a lost cause romantically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindrop87)
    Maybe he thinks, after all these years, it's a lost cause romantically.

Perhaps, but if nothing has been said neither of us would know for sure.

Hasn't been online yet, so can't speak to him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    You're not still on Bebo, are you? Bebo was, and will always be sad.
    No, that was over two years ago now... but seriously, you judge people by what social networking site they use? I'm on Facebook now if you need to know.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.