The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Morrigu
my only compulsory module is Molecular Science A.

Any suggestions on what other modules I should pick?

Poor you - i hated it with a passion, will get back to you with my ever valuable opinion later on/tomoz though lol - on the way to a friends birthday to get drunkered!:cool:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Stupid question: How many handbooks are we supposed to get? I thought we get 1 handbook for each module but I only got 4 :redface: (I didn't ask any questions when I got them because I was quite in a hurry!)
MolecularChrissie
Stupid question: How many handbooks are we supposed to get? I thought we get 1 handbook for each module but I only got 4 :redface: (I didn't ask any questions when I got them because I was quite in a hurry!)

You're only doing 4 modules this semester. After Christmas you'll get the other 3.
Its silly to give you them all now as a lot of people will lose them :smile:
Have you bought your books yet? Mine cost £150 :'(
And I got a lovely lab coat :biggrin:
MolecularChrissie

1 hand book per module... 4 modules per semester, which is why you only got 4 :P

You'll get the other 4 at the start of next semester
Laura_f_1990
1 hand book per module... 4 modules per semester, which is why you only got 4 :P

You'll get the other 4 at the start of next semester

I thought you went to Aberdeen? :gasp: Have you moved to Dundee uni? :smile:
No, but its the same everywhere.

I went to abertay.
My friends are at Dundee
I'm going to Aberdeen :wink:
You dont get all the handbooks at the start, only the ones of the modules your doing that term
Reply 27
they dont tend to give yoou the 2nd semester handbooks - ur expected to see them on the ocmputer or print them yourselves.
argh, I could have figured that out myself but for some strange reasons I thought Genetics is in 2nd semester.. lol

thanks for all the answers :biggrin:
Reply 29
ahhhh good good :smile: i got my handbooks yesterday like.

what books has everyone got etc etc? cause im confused by the practical books, and which book i should get out of the choice....
yea I'm also not sure which books I'm going to buy. Maybe I will have a look at them in the library and then decide.

I got Genetics, Biomolecular Chemistry: Shape & Function, Comparative Physiology and SPELS2 !
In my handbooks it says "Core texts" and my tutor said really you should buy them, they're the main ones.
And if it has an either/or bit in the same section, just choose one.
I chose Practical Skills in Bimolecular Sciences as 2 of my modules wanted it, this saved me buying two books.
I bought 3 books in all, costing nearly £150 :frown:
lucyhol1012
In my handbooks it says "Core texts" and my tutor said really you should buy them, they're the main ones.
And if it has an either/or bit in the same section, just choose one.
I chose Practical Skills in Bimolecular Sciences as 2 of my modules wanted it, this saved me buying two books.
I bought 3 books in all, costing nearly £150 :frown:

wait till you get to semester two :frown:

in first year i got 5 txtbooks as they were essential an it cost me £200 +
Reply 33
i think ill go book shopping in a bit. need to get labcoat etc.

anyone got a dissecting kit yet?
I have one but I'm not sure if everything is in there that we will need because that part is missing in the handbook...
Where can I find Baxter 1.36? :confused:
MolecularChrissie

Is it as book or a room? :s-smilie:
it's a room. that's where the Biomolecular Chemistry: Shape & Function lectures are taking place. I don't know where I can find this room and the first lecture is tomorrow at 9 :frown: I guess I will have to go to campus early to see if I can find someone who can tell me where to go.

EDIT: Ok I'm stupid - I checked the module page but I must have missed the information :frown: It's on the first floor of the Tower Building...
MolecularChrissie

Baxter Suite. It's on the first floor of the tower building. Turn left onto the stairs as you go into the tower (from campus not perth rd side), up the stairs and the baxter suite is just on the left through the double doors. It's signposted once you get onto the stairs though. The rooms are written on the doors but I think 1.36 is the lecture theatre at the end.
thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending