Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone actually lost weight here? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemSevenV)
    After reading a few posts on here, you soon see which people know what they are talking about. But, it's easy to say something about a calorie deficit of 500 and you will lose fat, doing it is another matter.

What I am wondering is has anyone learnt this stuff from experience or have you just read a text book or two?

If anyone has, please let me know where you started and where you are now

Thanks!
    I went from 190 lbs with a fat percentage of about 30 - 35%, and a pathetic muscle percentage to 165, 18% fat and 42% muscle.

Basically I just go to the gym 4 times a week, at the gym I run on the treadmill for about 25 mins and then do some weights. I go hiking a lot, most recently I just walked 192 miles in 12 days along the Coast to Coast trail. I have also done the Lyke Wake Walk, 42 miles in 18 hours.

My advice would be to start out slowly, watch what you eat - cut down on the junk food by replacing it with healthier options. Don't start off running too fast - initially walk and run intermittently until you can jog slowly for 20 minutes or so. Whatever you do make sure that your workout routine is enjoyable enough so that you will not think about quitting, and that you can make it into a routine.

ReputationRep:
    I lost 14stone in a day

ReputationRep:
    No idea what my BF% is, so far I'm down from 210lbs at my heaviest to 184lbs now, almost a 2 stone loss. That's by:

a) Eating more sensibly, around maintenance on gym days, 500 cal defecit on none-gym days.
    b) Weights 3x a week, working pretty much full out as hard as I can.
    c) HIIT 3x a week, full out as hard as I can.

Can't rememebr the exact date I started, early-mid April I think so around 3 months.. I've gotten stronger as well, so I'm sure my BF% has changed a hell of a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I take 4lb sh**s.

ReputationRep:
    I've put on twelve kilos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    I lost 14stone in a day
    Did you amputate your head? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I put on about 6kg (a stone).

ReputationRep:
    Ive lost a stone over 2 months but thats purely because i have gall stones and theres a lot of food i cant eat. My advice to you is go into hospital for a week dont eat for four days whilst in there and then live off chicken, vegetables, rice, noodles and crackers for the next two months. Thats how ive done it and will be continuing to do so until the NHS move their back side

(Original post by Redefined)
    Did you amputate your head? :woo:
    It's a Peter Kay quote.

ReputationRep:
    I lost 14stone in a day
    Peter Kay- drank your own piss!!!

ReputationRep:
    21 lbs since Christmas, I lost it in about 2 months, wasn't actually trying to lose any weight, but my appetite dropped for a bit. Can't lose any more weight now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    Did you amputate your head?
    Nah I was on a deficit of 1000cals per day until this week as I hit a bit of a plateau, I'm now on a 500cal deficit during gym days and 1000 on rest days.

It's all about personal tweaking really.

ReputationRep:
    I recently lost half a stone on my liquid diet.

ReputationRep:
    Liquid in, liquid out. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    I lost 14stone in a day
    Thanks to the moon diet I bet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I've got my BMI down from 30 to 22 in the last year - a loss of 3 stone.
    However, I've usually gone against the advice of most of the people on here, so I don't attribute being a 'member' of this fitness forum to my loss.
    Weightwatchers online (no meetings, so a virtually 'on your own' approach), a hell of a lot of determination, a shed load of exercise and some common sense was all I needed!
    Congrats, that's awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemSevenV)
    I did that for a bit when I first started - It helped me get started but after a while I got bored of it. Also, the success rate at my local one was so very low. The people who went just seemed to be getting fatter.

Good job on the 10lbs in 3 weeks though
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeLand)
    I recently lost half a stone on my liquid diet.
    Even if you did, and do manage to keep some of it off once all the water goes back on, losing lean body mass is never anything to brag about.

ReputationRep:
    I've lost just under 6 stone in almost a year exact. I joined Slimming World at the start of the summer hols last year. I want to lose another stone or 1.5 stone now, which seems the hardest part yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I've got my BMI down from 30 to 22 in the last year - a loss of 3 stone.
    However, I've usually gone against the advice of most of the people on here, so I don't attribute being a 'member' of this fitness forum to my loss.
    Weightwatchers online (no meetings, so a virtually 'on your own' approach), a hell of a lot of determination, a shed load of exercise and some common sense was all I needed!
    An opportunity to chat about yourself and your greatness, I knew you couldn't resist.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.