Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone actually lost weight here? watch

ReputationRep:
    I lost half a stone in the last week. Just been out on the exercise bike and cutting down meals and cutting out snacks

ReputationRep:
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    Taken about 1.5 inches off my waist, to about 30". BMI 23.1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    An opportunity to chat about yourself and your greatness, I knew you couldn't resist.
    Not to mention how **** we all are in comparison. :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    I lost half a stone in the last week. Just been out on the exercise bike and cutting down meals and cutting out snacks
    Well done for losing your water weight, after that it gets harder.

Personally I've lost about a pound every week for the past 4 weeks. I can't really lose much water weight because I'm stupidly dehydrated most of the time. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    I was 16 stone, went borderline anorexic (eating 600-1000 calories per day) for nearly a year, lost 5 stone, then my immune system collapsed from malnutrition and I developed two allergies in a week, one of which resulted in severe anaphylactic shock and getting rushed into hospital on oxygen repeatedly blacking out....

A defeceit of 500 is healthy enough, I've heard 300-500 recommended, a defeceit of 1000+ is rather bad for you though, as my story demonstrates
    wow..its nice to hear (although ironically i suppose) how i'm not the only one whos gone through similar things

at the age of 15 i went from 12stone to 10stone in 10weeks by eating similar ammounts as described...i am now 21 and for years after this i spent a lot of time ranging from binging to eating too little calories and exercising to the point of feeling faint

ever since then my body and mind in general have really struggled to reach/maintain a healthy weight

i am currently being assisted by the NHS to loose weight...i started at 15 stone and am now about 13stone9pounds

so yeah, do it healthily and expect it to be a long term challenge rather than an intensive fix where you're likely to gain weight back again anyways

ReputationRep:
    Nah I was on a deficit of 1000cals per day until this week as I hit a bit of a plateau, I'm now on a 500cal deficit during gym days and 1000 on rest days.

It's all about personal tweaking really.
    I love the science behind subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I have!

I've lost 2 stone in 6 months.
    No real magic tricks really, just cut the crap (burgers, chocolate), replace it with fruit or salad, and go to the gym every other day!

Simples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Even if you did, and do manage to keep some of it off once all the water goes back on, losing lean body mass is never anything to brag about.
    Excuse me? I can brag all I want, it is my body and I am proud. Pretty certain it's better than yours.

ReputationRep:
    When I was years younger, I lost quite a bit of weight from exercising much more and cutting down on unhealthy food completely. Since then, I've never gained it back - stayed active and my diet has changed radically (though notwithstanding a couple of pounds here and there - it's normal for weight to fluctuate slightly). It didn't take long to lose the weight in the beginning, either. Shows what a difference change in lifestyle really makes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    I love the science behind subjects.
    Awesome stuff, So far I've lost 2.16% body fat and about 12lbs in seven weeks.

Strange thing is i'm not sure how I arrived at such an accurate figure given this
    I must just be a fatty with hope and dreams beyond reality, never mind I shall go and eat whipped cream from the can. That way I can gain .05057282% bodyfat per macro second.

ReputationRep:
    An opportunity to chat about yourself and your greatness, I knew you couldn't resist.
    You know me so well :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeLand)
    Excuse me? I can brag all I want, it is my body and I am proud. Pretty certain it's better than yours.
    Aren't you the person that was drinking chocolate smoothies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Aren't you the person that was drinking chocolate smoothies?
    Yes - chocolate fudge cake and ice cream to be precise!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome stuff, So far I've lost 2.16% body fat and about 12lbs in seven weeks.

Strange thing is i'm not sure how I arrived at such an accurate figure given this
    I must just be a fatty with hope and dreams beyond reality, never mind I shall go and eat whipped cream from the can. That way I can gain .05057282% bodyfat per macro second.
    What a great comeback, I am reeling from that quick wit. However, I feel for you, I have exactly the same problem!

I'm pretty sure both of our figures aren't 100% but perhaps as we follow the same diet and roughly same eating times and measure the same way once a week, on the same day and within a similar time period then our results are quite accurate for personal logs.

I'd avoid any whipped cream, unless your bulking which I assume you are. Even though you've lost weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Well done for losing your water weight, after that it gets harder.

Personally I've lost about a pound every week for the past 4 weeks. I can't really lose much water weight because I'm stupidly dehydrated most of the time. :awesome:
    I do think its a little more than water weight, nevertheless its weight all the same. I drink litres upon litres of water anyway. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    What a great comeback, I am reeling from that quick wit. However, I feel for you, I have exactly the same problem!

I'm pretty sure both of our figures aren't 100% but perhaps as we follow the same diet and roughly same eating times and measure the same way once a week, on the same day and within a similar time period then our results are quite accurate for personal logs.

I'd avoid any whipped cream, unless your bulking which I assume you are. Even though you've lost weight.
    Lol, loving the irony of the wit following your second retort, yes pot I am black pmsl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemSevenV)
    After reading a few posts on here, you soon see which people know what they are talking about. But, it's easy to say something about a calorie deficit of 500 and you will lose fat, doing it is another matter.

What I am wondering is has anyone learnt this stuff from experience or have you just read a text book or two?

If anyone has, please let me know where you started and where you are now

Thanks!
    Over the last 6 weeks or so I've been cutting out 500kcals a day, eating alot healthier and I exercise at the gym about 3 times a week. I've gone from 9.5 to 9 stone. It was hard during the first week but now I don't think about it all that much and don't miss junk food too much either, even though I was a well-known junkaholic before.

It is hard to continue if you think you're not seeing results in the first two weeks.. my only advice is to only weigh yourself once a week and don't expect to see significant results until at least a month in.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, loving the irony of the wit following your second retort, yes pot I am black pmsl
    I call ******** on that! I think this is a 'convenient' argument to distract people from your enormous fat frame and disillusioned view as to how to improve the situation for the benefit of world hunger.

ReputationRep:
    Strange thing is i'm not sure how I arrived at such an accurate figure given this.
    They are ok for a guide I suppose provided everything else was a constant e.g diet, time of day, fluid intake and so on blah blah

Got there in the end

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.