Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone actually lost weight here? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i've lot 9lbs in a week, and it was nothing to do with reading the fitness forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    I call ******** on that! I think this is a 'convenient' argument to distract people from your enormous fat frame and disillusioned view as to how to improve the situation for the benefit of world hunger.
    Lol, it is you know. I was going to post a thread to ask how I get the toned abs look, rather than that I will eat another pizza

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Lol, it is you know. I was going to post a thread to ask how I get the toned abs look, rather than that I will eat another pizza
    lol

Just as long as you don't ask how to lose fat from your knee, elbow and ring finger...much too complicated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    You know me so well
    I do indeed Bethany

ReputationRep:
    I can't get my calorie intake correct because I have crohns disease. For a long time I was eating over 5000 cals a day whilst losing weight. Now I take in about 2000 cals and put on weight! It's all over the place...

ReputationRep:
    I have lost 11lbs so far in 6 weeks, want to lose another 14lbs and see how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    I lost 8lbs but I don't think it's been attributed to any posts I've seen on here cos I've been doing the same as I used to :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I've lost 4 stone in the last year (BMI 33 -> 24), but I wouldn't really attribute it to this particular forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capitalP)
    ive lost fat and put on muscle.

sometimes weight isnt important
    may i ask the best way to do this?
    is it just healthy diet and exercise, weights involved?

ReputationRep:
    Lost 2st 4lbs since march, want to lose another half stone and then maybe another one after that...

ReputationRep:
    From keeping a blog here I've been able to look at what I eat and see where I go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I have, although very slowly.. I'm 5"7 and I was 161lbs last summer, this april i was 141lbs (i still am)
    Now i'm working on exercising more and my goal is to go running at least five times a week plus do some strength training three times a week. I enjoy running and want to become good at it because i find it so relaxing and i love to just zone out when i run, and the "high" i get after it is amazing haha When i lost weight i didn't do that much exercise, it was mainly just a matter of eating healthier and doing a bit of exercise. Now i feel that i just want to build a stronger and better looking body, not lose weight. I wouldn't say that this fitness forum has anything to do with my weightloss though, i got my advice elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    2 years ago I weighed 13.5 stone. I then got it down to 10.5 stone in 2 months. Since then I've kept a steady weight of 11 stone with no fluctuation. I'm male and 6 ft 3 tall btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I've got my BMI down from 30 to 22 in the last year - a loss of 3 stone.
    However, I've usually gone against the advice of most of the people on here, so I don't attribute being a 'member' of this fitness forum to my loss.
    Weightwatchers online (no meetings, so a virtually 'on your own' approach), a hell of a lot of determination, a shed load of exercise and some common sense was all I needed!
    Wow, three stone; well done Ilora-Danon!

I've recently dropped down from from 10 stone 5lbs to 9 stone 12lbs, with an end goal of 9 stone. I haven't been 9 stone in years, so I hope it doesn't look awful since I'm tall but I'm sure it'll be fine. I wouldn't be prepared to go any lower than 8 stone 10lbs. I'll update again as the lbs shed, excellent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    i've lot 9lbs in a week, and it was nothing to do with reading the fitness forum
    Not of fat you havent and losing muscle is never a good thing for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Not of fat you havent and losing muscle is never a good thing for anyone.

Must have been fat surely? When your as obese as i am it could only be fat. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I went from 13 stone to 10 stone, then put 1 stone of muscle on, I'm 11 and looking thin, so I've done well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    Must have been fat surely? When your as obese as i am it could only be fat. :confused:
    9 lb of fat is an energy deficit of 31500 kcal in a week. Or 4500 kcal a day deficit. Any idea how much energy that is? Its just shy of 19 megajoules. No, its not fat. Its going to be water+muscle+fat most likely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    9 lb of fat is an energy deficit of 31500 kcal in a week. Or 4500 kcal a day deficit. Any idea how much energy that is? Its just shy of 19 megajoules. No, its not fat. Its going to be water+muscle+fat most likely
    Yeah with emphasis on water, likely 7-8lbs of water..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mituozo)
    Yeah with emphasis on water, likely 7-8lbs of water..
    Maybe not quite 8lb of water loss. Then again, daily it does fluctuate 2-3 lbs for me and I never feel too dehydrated.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.