Turn on thread page Beta

Two weeks before by period was due, I started bleeding a blackish blood - I read in an earlier thread that this might be old blood. I also had a few drops one morning of red blood. There wasn't much blood, but it kept going from Friday until Tuesday (yesterday), and on Thursday evening and this morning I had characteristic pains.

I've never been on the pill or had sex. I'm taking mefenamic acid, but the period before this happened I didn't need to take it.

I don't know if I should go to the GP as soon as possible, or wait and see if it happens again.

You should go as soon as possible. Bleeding inbetween periods isn't normal. I've had this problem (however I am on the pill and have had sex).. you just need to get it checked out to make sure everything is fine Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Bleeding between periods IS normal if you're still young and your periods are still getting into a routine? So don't worry too much, but I'd still mention it to your doctor next time you go.

(Original post by Smile88egc)
    Bleeding between periods IS normal if you're still young and your periods are still getting into a routine?
    Oh... I'm 18 and I've had them since I was 12 and a half.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.