Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Over the last few years (from 15-18) I've gone from about 26-7 to 18 in BMI, and I now have scales to tell me more. As of this morning I'm 4% far, 51% muscle. I think this is a bit on the extreme, as I understand only bodybuilders should have less fat. I bike, which puts a strain (that I'm used to, and have built up) on my heart (sustaining twice resting heartbeat for a few minutes several times in a few hours a few times a week) and knees. Body fat cushions joints and keeps you warm (warmth is no problem to me, I'm always too warm).

So, I want to gain healthy fat, quickly. Bacon and flora type fats?

ReputationRep:
    How come your BMI has fallen so dramatically?

ReputationRep:
    You are not 4% body fat.

Just eat more. Honestly, I'm not being a prick. Eat more but do some weightlifting. If you're doing some heavy compound exercises such as squats and deadlifts, you will be adding functional strength and muscle mass. Do not worry, you won't turn into Arnold. I think this is what you're really wanting.

ReputationRep:
    Your at 4% BF unintentionally?

I wouldn't worry about gaining weight sensibly at the moment, pile the food in until you get above 10% BF and then take it easy.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, all true, just biking for fresh air and excercise.

Are there any foods to go for, and others to avoid? I don't know what's high in good fat and low in saturated fat.

Nope, nowhere near Arnold. I can barely do pushups/chinups and I'm happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    So what weight were you/are you now?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.