Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what's the minimum value of coin you would pick up if you saw it on the floor? Watch

ReputationRep:
    0p I just like bending over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    No it's not!

Pictures don't lie!
    You're just ruining my childhood right there!

ReputationRep:
    £5

ReputationRep:
    About 10p upwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    1p, even if people are around. All my coins go in a jar and banked once or twice a year. Generally throw foreign coins away though after I pick them up.

Picked up a £10 note a few months ago, loads of people missed it. I like to think it was the one I lost about 8 years ago and it found its way back to me :yes:
    8 years on lol. I'd laugh if it was the same one but many people have had it since before someone lost it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    5p...
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    You're just ruining my childhood right there!
    Btw, there were two situations when I thought I had got presents from Santa. There was no way someone else could leave them there, and I still don't know how they got there.

ReputationRep:
    5p because at least its silver, a 1 or 2p could actually be a bit of mud! n i have too many 1 n 2p lying around already!

ReputationRep:
    Not a rush? 1p every time

In a rush? 5p and upwards

ReputationRep:
    1p if not in a rush etc! Every little helps and all that.

But if in town and it's busy etc then maybe 20p or so.

ReputationRep:
    10 p

ReputationRep:
    probably 20p.. in case it was undated and actually worth £50!

i used to work in a shop and this woman once handed in this wad of money that she found in the changing room.. turned out to be like 400 quid. i think i'd have kept it if i were her!!

i never did find out what happened to it in the end.. i reckon my manager kept it though.

ReputationRep:
    £1. yesterday on oxford street i saw a woman pick up a £20 note outside a ben and jerrys i was sooo jealous

ReputationRep:
    50p or above for definite. Below 50p, depends on how broke i am at the time.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    When I was a kid my mam always used to pick up any money she saw on the ground, so I thought it was normal.

Then when I first started high school, some older lads were picking on me, and they chucked 1p near me, presumably to see what I would do. I didn't realise they had chucked it and were watching me, I just saw the 1p on the ground and thought somebody must have just dropped it.

So.....I picked it up.....and the watching lads then made their presence known and started laughing and calling insults at me for picking it up
    So I dropped it, and then all through high school I made it a point to never pick up money again for fear of ridicule

Now I'm 25 and I couldn't give a flying monkeys what people think, so I'd happily pick up 1p if I saw it, and woe betide anybody who would have the nerve to say anything to me about it....not that I think they would the age I am now, I'd release my pregnancy hormonal rage upon them :p:

edit : actually if I saw 1p on the ground at the moment I'd probably leave it because it's so difficult for me to bend down haha, but that's another matter

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick up a 50p. And sometimes I pick up pennies just for the luck

ReputationRep:
    I only won't pick up coppers, unless i needed them.

So 10p+ everytime.

Actually yeah i wouldn't bother with 5p, i don't like them at all, way too small and fiddle.

ReputationRep:
    5p

ReputationRep:
    It depends where I am. If i'm in a really busy public place, i'd only pick money up if it was qutie high, like 50p, £1, £2 and notes. But if i was on my own and no-one was around, i'd happily pick up 5ps and 10ps etc! My favourite finds are 20ps :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !Borek)
    A 20p surely, maybe a 10p depending on how poor I was that day. Is it just me or are there far less coins on the floor than there used to be?
    people are becoming more greedy these days assuming the probability of finding a 50 is minuscule to that of finding 50 1p coins.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.