Turn on thread page Beta

what's the minimum value of coin you would pick up if you saw it on the floor? watch

ReputationRep:
    probably 50p, 20p if i was feeling particularly desparate haha

ReputationRep:
    Probably a 10p, might consider a 5p if I was feeling particularly trampy.

ReputationRep:
    50p-£1...I don't even pick up 5p's that fall out of my pocket, unless I plan on catching the Bus.

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick up a 5p even, wouldn't bother with coppers. If I dropped a coin, I'd pick it up no matter what, as long as I could see where it was.

ReputationRep:
    50p

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a penny!

See a penny pick it up
    All day long you'll have good luck
    Give it to a friend
    and your luck will never end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elynnor1811)
    probably 20p.. in case it was undated and actually worth £50!

i used to work in a shop and this woman once handed in this wad of money that she found in the changing room.. turned out to be like 400 quid. i think i'd have kept it if i were her!!

i never did find out what happened to it in the end.. i reckon my manager kept it though.
    I once found £200 in a public toilet...

Best day ever :love:

ReputationRep:
    My sister's other half found £20 in a pub, he picked it up and we all legged it before anyone could claim it lol.

I'd probably pick up 20p if it was on the floor - no less than 20p though.

ReputationRep:
    5p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSplashx)
    1p. I always pick up any coins or notes I find.

I tend to find notes more often than coins though. I've found £20 notes on the ground on 3 different occasions; I'm amazed at how many people just walked straight past it.
    Because they're not greedy like you :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't someone just invent magnetic shoes, imagine all the change you'd have at the end of the day...

ReputationRep:
    1p usually

ReputationRep:
    10p
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    1p, goes in my tip jar at home, all adds up in the end. Got about £70 in there now.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't bother with anything less than about 50p - not really worth it otherwise.I'll admit I sometimes throw away my copper coins I have lying around as they aren't worth an awful lot.

ReputationRep:
    20p - for the tumbledryer at uni!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe 20p up.

I'm a bit relunctant to pick up coins now. A couple of years ago I was coming out of town on my way home from school and I saw a 50p on the ground I went to pick it up and it wouldn't budge. I just sorta scuttled on embarrassed thinking that there were probably folk sitting on a bench laughing at me or filming me! I wonder how many others fell for it. Now whenever I see a coin of reasonable value on the ground I give it a little nudge with my shoe just in case.

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick up a minimum of 50p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr4life)
    probably a pound..not worth the effort required otherwise..lol
    This.

However, when I am a poor university student I will be wrestling my friends for the 5p on the floor :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    This.

However, when I am a poor university student I will be wrestling my friends for the 5p on the floor :awesome:

aaaah i love your username..so true too!! :awesome:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.