Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what's the minimum value of coin you would pick up if you saw it on the floor? Watch

ReputationRep:
    probably 50p, 20p if i was feeling particularly desparate haha

ReputationRep:
    Probably a 10p, might consider a 5p if I was feeling particularly trampy.

ReputationRep:
    50p-£1...I don't even pick up 5p's that fall out of my pocket, unless I plan on catching the Bus.

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick up a 5p even, wouldn't bother with coppers. If I dropped a coin, I'd pick it up no matter what, as long as I could see where it was.

ReputationRep:
    50p

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a penny!

See a penny pick it up
    All day long you'll have good luck
    Give it to a friend
    and your luck will never end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elynnor1811)
    probably 20p.. in case it was undated and actually worth £50!

i used to work in a shop and this woman once handed in this wad of money that she found in the changing room.. turned out to be like 400 quid. i think i'd have kept it if i were her!!

i never did find out what happened to it in the end.. i reckon my manager kept it though.
    I once found £200 in a public toilet...

Best day ever :love:

ReputationRep:
    My sister's other half found £20 in a pub, he picked it up and we all legged it before anyone could claim it lol.

I'd probably pick up 20p if it was on the floor - no less than 20p though.

ReputationRep:
    5p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSplashx)
    1p. I always pick up any coins or notes I find.

I tend to find notes more often than coins though. I've found £20 notes on the ground on 3 different occasions; I'm amazed at how many people just walked straight past it.
    Because they're not greedy like you :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't someone just invent magnetic shoes, imagine all the change you'd have at the end of the day...

ReputationRep:
    1p usually

ReputationRep:
    10p
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    1p, goes in my tip jar at home, all adds up in the end. Got about £70 in there now.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't bother with anything less than about 50p - not really worth it otherwise.I'll admit I sometimes throw away my copper coins I have lying around as they aren't worth an awful lot.

ReputationRep:
    20p - for the tumbledryer at uni!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe 20p up.

I'm a bit relunctant to pick up coins now. A couple of years ago I was coming out of town on my way home from school and I saw a 50p on the ground I went to pick it up and it wouldn't budge. I just sorta scuttled on embarrassed thinking that there were probably folk sitting on a bench laughing at me or filming me! I wonder how many others fell for it. Now whenever I see a coin of reasonable value on the ground I give it a little nudge with my shoe just in case.

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick up a minimum of 50p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr4life)
    probably a pound..not worth the effort required otherwise..lol
    This.

However, when I am a poor university student I will be wrestling my friends for the 5p on the floor :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    This.

However, when I am a poor university student I will be wrestling my friends for the 5p on the floor :awesome:

aaaah i love your username..so true too!! :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.