Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i applied to a job in a local mcdonalds 10 days ago (part time crew member) that was advertised on their website, and later that day they sent me an email saying that they wanted to give me an interview and that someone would from their restaurant would contact me to arrange an interview. However, so far no one has contacted me about it. The job is still advertised on their website and when I sign in the status of my application is “considering”. Has anyone else gone through this process? How long did it take you to be contacted by them after they sent you the original email saying that they wanted to give to you an interview? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango38)
    Hi, i applied to a job in a local mcdonalds 10 days ago (part time crew member) that was advertised on their website, and later that day they sent me an email saying that they wanted to give me an interview and that someone would from their restaurant would contact me to arrange an interview. However, so far no one has contacted me about it. The job is still advertised on their website and when I sign in the status of my application is “considering”. Has anyone else gone through this process? How long did it take you to be contacted by them after they sent you the original email saying that they wanted to give to you an interview? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks
    I was contacted about a day or two after I applied saying my interview was that weekend. So it was very fast. Which mcdonalds did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    hi, thanks for the reply, the mcdonalds i applied to is the one in newport retail park, do u know if it has taken them this long to contact other people who have applied to them before? Do you know if it is best to phone them or should i keep waiting? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango38)
    hi, thanks for the reply, the mcdonalds i applied to is the one in newport retail park, do u know if it has taken them this long to contact other people who have applied to them before? Do you know if it is best to phone them or should i keep waiting? Thanks

Took about 2 days. You could contact them to know that you are really intrested and wondering why you haven't heard anything.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they responded two days after my application, telling me where/when etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you should probably have been offered your OJE + one-to-one interview by now!

Get on the phone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.