Turn on thread page Beta

What can I wear with this top? watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently bought a new top from Topshop, which is really lovely, only I'm not quite sure what to wear with it. It's quite loose (I bought it a size bigger than normal) , and sort of long but not long enough to wear over leggings. It looks a bit rectangular just worn over jeans, so I thought I could tuck it into something but I wasn't sure what.

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&view AllFlag=true&catalogId=19551&sto reId=12556&categoryId=174502&par ent_category_rn=42325&productId= 1283751&langId=-1

Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    It would look good with skinny jeans, but I wouldn't wear it with baggy ones. You could also tuck it in to skinny jeans but it would look good either way. Also try it with a wide black waist belt if you have a skinny waist to define it.

ReputationRep:
    A thong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisaanne)
    It would look good with skinny jeans, but I wouldn't wear it with baggy ones. You could also tuck it in to skinny jeans but it would look good either way. Also try it with a wide black waist belt if you have a skinny waist to define it.
    I actually have a pair of ASOS high-waisted skinny jeans that might work? Oh, and yes I forgot to mention my body shape; I'm fairly tall and slim

Thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    white skinny jeans id say

ReputationRep:
    its hard to tell exactly how long it is.. but i'd probably go for skinnies or tucked in to demin shorts, possibly high waisted ones. you've got the advantage of getting away with that because you're tall and slim. nice top btw :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    I actually have a pair of ASOS high-waisted skinny jeans that might work? Oh, and yes I forgot to mention my body shape; I'm fairly tall and slim

Thanks for the help.
    yeah high waisted would be good if you're tucking it in, but dont tuck it in AND wear a waist belt. Also, yeah white skinny jeans would also look fab but black would go well too.

ReputationRep:
    Accessorize with something. gold colored for something more bohemian, silver and black skinnies or leggings for something more rockish. to complete the look you might wanna consider adding a skinny black elastic belt, kinky big earrings or a short cropped jacket.. otherwise it might look a lil plain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisaanne)
    yeah high waisted would be good if you're tucking it in, but dont tuck it in AND wear a waist belt. Also, yeah white skinny jeans would also look fab but black would go well too.
    Not a fan of waist belts anyway to be honest! And don't have any white skinny jeans. So my ASOS ones are probably the way to go with this one, and I will take the other advice and dress it up with some long necklaces and boho-ish jewellery.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

ReputationRep:
    A high waisted skirt I say

ReputationRep:
    wear it over this :

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...5489&langId=-1

with leggings/black tights.

ReputationRep:
    Either:
    With some denim shorts and sandals.
    Or with skinnies like others have suggested.
    Or I like the suggestion of the black boob tube type thing above me.

ReputationRep:
    I think it'd look nice with shorts or a skirt?
    or skinny jeans if you think it looks rectangular you could try it with a cardi aswell as the jeans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesuperficial)
    wear it over this :

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...5489&langId=-1

with leggings/black tights.
    That's a good idea... I may steal it!

ReputationRep:
    you could go for black 3/4 length leggings.. it looks like quite a fitted top so wearing skinnies may give you bumps etc. underneath!

ReputationRep:
    You said you're slim and tall..so I suggest skinny jeans...it will be perfect for night and day!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I saw this in the shop today - was very tempted to buy it!
    I've got one that's similar, except it's white with blue and green roses. I usually just wear it with skinny jeans and pumps, or a denim mini skirt and leggings if it's cold, bare legs if it's warm.
    But if you want to tuck it into something, I think it'd look cute with high-waisted denim shorts. Maybe acid wash ones if you can get away with that. If you're tall and slim then that should work pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd probably wear it with black tights and a tiny black skirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Ooh, I saw this in the shop today - was very tempted to buy it!
    I've got one that's similar, except it's white with blue and green roses. I usually just wear it with skinny jeans and pumps, or a denim mini skirt and leggings if it's cold, bare legs if it's warm.
    But if you want to tuck it into something, I think it'd look cute with high-waisted denim shorts. Maybe acid wash ones if you can get away with that. If you're tall and slim then that should work pretty well.
    My friend's got the blue and green roses one, it's lovely!

Yeah, ideally I'd get some highwaisted denim shorts but I'm a bit low on spare cash at the mo as I'm saving for a holiday in a couple of weeks! If I have any money left, I will definitely invest in some though

ReputationRep:
    I would wear it tucked into a black pencil skirt - va va voom.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.