Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I love Avenue Q!!! The genuis of putting Muppets together with 'adult material' makes for a goood show!!!

Everyones a little bit racist sooometiimes...doesnt mean we go around commiting hate Crriiiiiiimes!!

ReputationRep:
    I love it!! Just started listening to the soundtrack again since you mentioned it! I would love to go and see it but my parents think it would be "unsuitable" and won't let me :p: to be fair I can see their point!!

"What do you do with a BA in English?"

ReputationRep:
    YAY AVENUE Q
    Saw it for the first time just over a week ago - NEED TO SEE IT AGAIN! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I love it :love:
    Must must must must mustttt go soon :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I just drove the whole way home with the soundtrack blasting from my stereo with the windows down, and the person beside me at the traffic lights looked at me as if i had 3 heads Gotta love it!

ReputationRep:
    I wannnna go.
    How likely is it to get tickets on the day? I may go on the day and get a student ticket, rather than booking online as it's cheaper for me on the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    I wannnna go.
    How likely is it to get tickets on the day? I may go on the day and get a student ticket, rather than booking online as it's cheaper for me on the day.
    I got my ticket on the day for £15! Just popped along to Leicester Square, went round a few of those ticket stall things and tried to find the best deal. Saying that though, I was towards the back, but i could see everything perfectly. Plus, it was their last showing in that theatre so £15 wasnt bad at all, esp as some people had paid like over £100 for just one ticket cos it was the last day! I'm sure you'll find cheap tickets somewhere I got £15 tickets for Wicked on ticketmaster, so you never know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19music4)
    I got my ticket on the day for £15! Just popped along to Leicester Square, went round a few of those ticket stall things and tried to find the best deal. Saying that though, I was towards the back, but i could see everything perfectly. Plus, it was their last showing in that theatre so £15 wasnt bad at all, esp as some people had paid like over £100 for just one ticket cos it was the last day! I'm sure you'll find cheap tickets somewhere I got £15 tickets for Wicked on ticketmaster, so you never know!
    Mm. My first time I got it fromt ticketmaster and then moved to the front because there was no one sitting there :|

I'll ask my friend and see if she'll go with my firstly lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    I wannnna go.
    I went on the day with some friends and we all got tickets for £25 each, and mine ended up being the best seat in the house as far as I was concerned! Right in the centre, 4th row of the dress circle

ReputationRep:
    http://www.show-and-stay.co.uk/theat...nds-20537.html

Over three month extention..

ReputationRep:
    oo that's good news :teeth: It just gives me longer to put off seeing it though :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    oo that's good news :teeth: It just gives me longer to put off seeing it though :ashamed:
    Well, if you want to see this cast - go soon... Julie is leaving the Avenue on 3rd October.

ReputationRep:
    HEE I'm going on 17th Aug. So excited =D AIEE

ReputationRep:
    Eep double post sorry but..

I SAW IT AND IT WASSS AMAZZZING AND SO FUNNNNY

yes. I really enjoyed it =D I encourage everyone to watch it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Someone just posted over on WoO that Cassidy Janson will be replacing Julie Atherton as Kate Monseter, which is great news! Hopefully I'll get over to see her before January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usnavi)
    Someone just posted over on WoO that Cassidy Janson will be replacing Julie Atherton as Kate Monseter, which is great news! Hopefully I'll get over to see her before January.
    Ahhh, that would be good. Whoever it is has to be starting rehearsals in the near future I'd have thought - especially if there is a substantial cast change, which in a way I am hoping for as it would give the show a freshness boost.

Though having said that, I saw it last night and it was on top form. This is the kind of show that to really enjoy you have to leave a few months between each visit, otherwise the jokes run the risk of wearing thin (I fear). Julie in particular was in good shape.

SD'd afterwards and got all the principles to sign with the exceptions of Rachel (who disappeared with Maria O while we were talking to Julie), and Edward, who either disappeared as soon as he came off stage or didn't come out for a while.

ReputationRep:
    I saw it last night and looooove it. I know the more traditional theatre buffs don't think much of it at all but it's just so funny and you can relate to it. One of the best musicals for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kates:))
    I saw it last night and looooove it. I know the more traditional theatre buffs don't think much of it at all but it's just so funny and you can relate to it. One of the best musicals for sure.
    Well it did win the Tony for Best Musical in 2004, so it was hardly ignored by the theatre community.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usnavi)
    Well it did win the Tony for Best Musical in 2004, so it was hardly ignored by the theatre community.
    Yes I know. It's not escaped the snobbery from a certain faction of theatre-goers though, that is all I was saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kates:))
    Yes I know. It's not escaped the snobbery from a certain faction of theatre-goers though, that is all I was saying.
    Really? Most of the higher-brow theatre fans I know think it's brilliant - and the fact that it beat Wicked for the Tony is just the icing on the cake for them!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.