Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usnavi)
    Really? Most of the higher-brow theatre fans I know think it's brilliant - and the fact that it beat Wicked for the Tony is just the icing on the cake for them!
    Yes, unfortunately but it doesn't mean that the majority don't love it!

ReputationRep:
    Avenue Q is hilarious! I love that show, I find myself humming the songs all the time, all I can say is, it sucks to be me!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on Sat night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    I'm going on Sat night
    Oo, enjoy. Let us know what you make of it!

ReputationRep:
    It's not *that* good folks.

I didn't 'lol'. I smurked, maybe even chuckled, but I didn't lol.

Did not live up to the hype.

ReputationRep:
    i first saw it on Jan 4th and loved it so much that i haven't gone a day without listen to the full soundtrack since, plus i'm going back for the wyndham's theatre opening night, got £20 front row seats aswell uber excited! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend got me into Avenue Q when we started going out, been watching clips of the show on YouTube and I now have all the songs on my ipod. I'm hoping to see the show sometime in the future, its one of many things I want to do before I die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EclipseHorse)
    i first saw it on Jan 4th and loved it so much that i haven't gone a day without listen to the full soundtrack since, plus i'm going back for the wyndham's theatre opening night, got £20 front row seats aswell uber excited! :woo:
    Apparently that may not be the case - front row may not be what is being sold as front row (possible row A/B will be chopped for the set), row C is not being held back in case this happens. Time will tell, it's no worse than the Gielgud always selling four seats which never have existed...

ReputationRep:
    Next month, I am going to see the Avenue Q show at
    Mccallum Theatre. I have purchased its tickets from ticketfront. I hope it will be an enjoyable event.

ReputationRep:
    Went to see Avenue Q a couple of years ago, now booked two dirt cheap tickets for my boyfriends birthday in June! £10 matinee performances on lastminute.com. Strongly recommend.

ReputationRep:
    I love Avenue Q, it's so original and fresh. I saw it last August with Julie Atherton and Daniel Boys, both totally amazing performances. I really must go and see it again, but I need to find someone to go with and convince my Dad that at the age of 15 (very nearly 16), I should be allowed to go to London on my own.

ReputationRep:
    Not been on here for a while, but just to add it was announced last week that Avenue Q is to close. Last show is October 30th

ReputationRep:
    Say whhhhha?!?!

Tbh pleased it lasted this long, amount of times they wanted to close it. Want to see it in the new theatre anyhoo, so must make arrangements!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    Me and my girlfriend are going to see it front row september 9th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EclipseHorse)
    Not been on here for a while, but just to add it was announced last week that Avenue Q is to close. Last show is October 30th
    Awww no Better go see it next month again then! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sad it's closing, one of the best new musicals to hit London last decade. Now all there is is the off-Broadway production. Sad times.

ReputationRep:
    I saw Avenue Q back in February, sat 3 rows from the stage. I was slightly dubious about the concept of it being puppets was very surprised as the puppet and actor merged into one.

I'm gutted it's now closed on the West End...oh well it deserves a trip to Broadway

Probably one of the best musicals EVERRRR!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbiggs1)
    I saw Avenue Q back in February, sat 3 rows from the stage. I was slightly dubious about the concept of it being puppets was very surprised as the puppet and actor merged into one.

I'm gutted it's now closed on the West End...oh well it deserves a trip to Broadway

Probably one of the best musicals EVERRRR!!!
    Though it is going on a UK tour starting in Bath on 2nd Feb .... the official site doesn't appear to be completely working, though it may be my computer so http://www.avenueqthemusical.co.uk/. Otherwise there is a tour list on this thread from WOS forum http://www.whatsonstage.com/board/in...r/page__st__40. The receiving theatres websites should have more details, though casting is still unknown, but tickets are already on sale in some theatres.

ReputationRep:
    I saw it the day before it closed, loved it!

Everyone's a little bit racist...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.