Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Don Jesu)
    dude, do u mean u scored 8 or 9 out of 30, because I have a lot of work experience and my grades are 2A* 4A 3B 1C for GCSE and my predictions are A*AB and I got ACC for AS, although my teachers say I will get high As in my C subjects from retakes. I am curious if I also only achieve 8 or 9 out of 30.
    They told me they never read my personal statement, as you needed to score 10/15 on academics to get through to stage 2.

So i scored just below 10/15 - i.e 8 or 9.

So thats on just academia, nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering if all all those who have posted on the Medics and Applicants Profiles thread could perhaps tabulate their offers and interviews on the Medicine Applicants Stalking 2010 Entry table.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ing_2010_Entry

Hopefully this would benefit everyone

Its just a thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nill_179)
    Hi, I was just wondering if all all those who have posted on the Medics and Applicants Profiles thread could perhaps tabulate their offers and interviews on the Medicine Applicants Stalking 2010 Entry table.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ing_2010_Entry

Hopefully this would benefit everyone

Its just a thought
    There's actually a wiki page for the medics and applicants profiles already: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...cants_Profiles

(and there's not much point in people adding their details to the 2010 stalking thread as most of them did not apply in 2010!) Once the cycle is over, all of the people who are on the stalking page can post profiles which will then be added to the profiles page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    There's actually a wiki page for the medics and applicants profiles already: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...cants_Profiles
    That's brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    What does tabulate mean?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    What does tabulate mean?
    I think he meant to put it into columns.

ReputationRep:
    someone gave me negative rep. from this fourm? Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedAmy)
    someone gave me negative rep. from this fourm? Why?
    How do you check who repped you lol...

ReputationRep:

(and there's not much point in people adding their details to the 2010 stalking thread as most of them did not apply in 2010!) Once the cycle is over, all of the people who are on the stalking page can post profiles which will then be added to the profiles page.
    The wiki is very helpful, thanks!

But what does the green highlighter mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignoramus)
    The wiki is very helpful, thanks!

But what does the green highlighter mean?
    the ones in green should be the current students at those unis (provided I've got it right!)

ReputationRep:
    the ones in green should be the current students at those unis (provided I've got it right!)
    Oh okay, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    munro90 is a current active cantab-ian I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    munro90 is a current active cantab-ian I believe.
    edited, thankyou

(if anyone else notices any I've missed, or don't want to be green on there let me know)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

I'm new to all this you see...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    edited, thankyou

(if anyone else notices any I've missed, or don't want to be green on there let me know)
    Pianofingers is in his 2nd year at SGUL
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by schnargle)
    Year of Entry: 2010
    Deferred?: No
    GCSEs: 5 A*s, 5 As
    IB Results: 42 points, 776 HL (Biology, English A1, Chemistry)
    Previous Degree (if applicable): N/A
    UKCAT (if applicable): 767.5
    BMAT (if applicable): 8.5, 6.7, 13.5
    Work Experience/Volunteering: 2 weeks shadowing hospital doctors, 1 month volunteering in physical/mental rehab centre, 2 weeks as part of a medical team in Cambodia
    Extra Curricular: School orchestra/choir, drama, student council, MUN
    Universities applied to and decisions:
    Cambridge (Sidney Sussex) - unconditional offer
    UCL - interview; withdrawn
    King's - interview; withdrawn
    Southampton - interview; withdrawn

You chose Cambridge over ucl, although chances are you will end up in London after year 3.

Hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    You chose Cambridge over ucl, although chances are you will end up in London after year 3.

Hmmmm
    I find your post very strange. Why do you think it's odd that people want their environment to be different for their pre-clinical studies as opposed to their clinical ones? And do you also act in this way to people who have applied to both St. Andrews and Manchester, or is it just Oxford and Cambridge applicants you like to judge?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I find your post very strange. Why do you think it's odd that people want their environment to be different for their pre-clinical studies as opposed to their clinical ones? And do you also act in this way to people who have applied to both St. Andrews and Manchester, or is it just Oxford and Cambridge applicants you like to judge?

Yep

Also UCL is a better medical school for producing clinicians.

So why not do the entire course there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Yep

Also UCL is a better medical school for producing clinicians.

So why not do the entire course there?
    When I first clicked on your quote, I could never have expected you to have responded with such ****.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    When I first clicked on your quote, I could never have expected you to have responded with such ****.
    In your opinion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.