Turn on thread page Beta

Red Hot Chili Peppers... Can't WAIT watch

ReputationRep:
    My GF and I are DYING to go to a RHCP concert as soon as they start playing again, no matter where it is or how much it costs.

Do you know exactly what's going on with them? Are they taking a break, are they giving it up?

I don't know much about the whole story...

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_B_C)
    My GF and I are DYING to go to a RHCP concert as soon as they start playing again, no matter where it is or how much it costs.

Do you know exactly what's going on with them? Are they taking a break, are they giving it up?

I don't know much about the whole story...

cheers

i think they are taking a really long break cos they are too tired after churning out awesome album after awesome album, i think i read that on wikipedia a while back, so you might wanna check it out.

The good news is that im pretty sure they are not splitting up, but i think youll have to wait a while to see them live!

ReputationRep:
    According to Chad they're going to meet up again in October and see how it goes... I wouldn't expect another tour until 2011 though, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some festival appearances next year. I was at their last gig in 2007, and I'll be at their next one, wherever it is in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Bearing in mind also John Frusciante has released a new solo album this year, and that Chad Smith is drumming for the mighty Chickenfoot! Man I love them... they're very good.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    OH. HELL. YES.

http://www.billboard.com/news/red-ho...03999140.story

ReputationRep:
    Possibly THE most overated band ever, really don't get why they are apparently so "great".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grodecki)
    Possibly THE most overated band ever, really don't get why they are apparently so "great".
    Booo!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, they've been terrible live since the Hyde Park gigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arctic_wombaT)
    awesome album after awesome album
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbers)
    Guys, they've been terrible live since the Hyde Park gigs.
    Saw them at Reading Fest a few years ago, and was really disappointed. It was a terrible gig, they didn't do anything for me, and I was quite frankly bored. The stuffed up most of the songs and there was way too much bumphf in between the songs and "jamming" whilst they struggled to sort themselves out.

ReputationRep:
    They probs won't record for a while. Too many inner demons if you ask me; Johns obviously still on drugs and there's the bad relationship between him and Anthony. I think there bests behind them anyway, by the way was probs their peak.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.