Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Sorry for another thread but any useful help will be rewarded :yes:

    I filled in online again for my third and final year, got to the end and they were going to assess me on the same info that i provided last year (For the means tested grants etc)

    However my household income has dropped significantly.
    So i fiiled in a "Current year income assessment form"
    My parents then got sent the paper forms for this year.
    Now I'm assuming that they need to fill these in but I rang up Student finance England to check as I initially thought that they went from the "Current year income assessment form" that I've already filled in and sent off.

    However the nice man from bombay was more interested in my secret answer than answering my question. He says my forms (that are sat on my desk next to me) have been recieved and that my application is being processed. So I can only assume that are using last years details.

    Does any one have any experience with this?
    I'm going to get the forms for 2009/10 sent in asap, is this right?

    Fill out the form for next year, include copies of your parent's P60s etc and a covering letter explaining that you have included these due to your change in circumstances. As a general rule, I deal with student finance via email/post exclusively as they are more than happy to tell you a load on crap on the phone but don't want you to have written evidence of their incompetence so will give you decent advice via email (although you may have to ring up to get someone's email address).
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.