Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at holidays for my friends and I after finishing our A2s next year.
    We want somewhere that's going to have good nightlife so that we can celebrate somewhatm but want it to be relaxing too.
    We don't want to be spending an absolute fortune - because quite a few people are going on a gap year afterwards, so they don't have loads to spend - but we don't want to be in a scummy place either.
    We've been thinking of places like Greece, Turkey and Spain. My friends are worried that we may have to cover up a lot in Turkey, although I can't see this being true because it's quite tourist-y.

Where has everyone been after their exams that isn't too expensive, yet still nice? Any suggestions would be great so that I can start looking around.

Thanks
    x

ReputationRep:
    After my Alevels i went to Greece (Corfu). Mixture of girls n guys. We went clubbing a couple of times but other nights we just had dinner then relaxed in bars by the beach and stuff. So was a really good mixture.

We got a last minute deal and the holiday was less than 200 pounds and i didn't spend that much money while i was there! There's a massive water park on the island and we did quad biking and stuff too..

Turkey - you'll be fine in touristy areas.
    Spain - Palma Nova in Majorca? right next door to Magaluf, so close enough to have some good nights out but far enough away to have a quiet one if you fancy it :p:

Ever considered Bulgaria?? My friends went there last year and had a really good time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    After my Alevels i went to Greece (Corfu). Mixture of girls n guys. We went clubbing a couple of times but other nights we just had dinner then relaxed in bars by the beach and stuff. So was a really good mixture.

We got a last minute deal and the holiday was less than 200 pounds and i didn't spend that much money while i was there! There's a massive water park on the island and we did quad biking and stuff too..

Turkey - you'll be fine in touristy areas.
    Spain - Palma Nova in Majorca? right next door to Magaluf, so close enough to have some good nights out but far enough away to have a quiet one if you fancy it :p:

Ever considered Bulgaria?? My friends went there last year and had a really good time.

£200!! That's amazing. That sounds like exactly what we want. We also have some people in our group who will be completely averted to going out at all so Corfu sounds pretty perfect.
    Hadn't thought about Bulgaria - I'll have a look if it's recommended =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiehook91)
    £200!! That's amazing. That sounds like exactly what we want. We also have some people in our group who will be completely averted to going out at all so Corfu sounds pretty perfect.
    Hadn't thought about Bulgaria - I'll have a look if it's recommended =)
    Just avoid Kavos . Maaaad drinking spot but can be dangerous and has **** beaches.
    Someone got mugged and she was in a group of 9 people or so at the time! Apparently most of corfu try to pretend its not there.

ReputationRep:
    I hear Turkey and Cyprus are good for the sort of thing you're looking for. Personally, my 'lads' holiday was to Zante, Greece. Totally mental, and cost a fair bit but it was a great week, not least for my liver.

ReputationRep:
    Well when we finished our A2s me and my 2 closest mates went to Ayia Napa and loved it so much that we went again the year after. This year we decided to go somewhere different and went to Magaluf. I agree with what's been said before, if you wanna be close to the nightlife but not right in it you could stay in Palma Nova and go into Magaluf a few times. Or go to Cyprus and stay near Ayia Napa in Protaras or towards Nissi Beach. Taxis in those kinda places don't cost much either so travelling into the towns'll be fine.

The first year we stayed in quite a nice hotel and got our holidays paid for for our 18th birthdays so paid £480, then the next year we paid for ourselves and paid £260-280 and this year we stayed in another nice hotel and paid £380. Can get a lot cheaper though. I recommend booking the flights and hotel seperately, we've saved loads this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahdaisy)
    Well when we finished our A2s me and my 2 closest mates went to Ayia Napa and loved it so much that we went again the year after. This year we decided to go somewhere different and went to Magaluf. I agree with what's been said before, if you wanna be close to the nightlife but not right in it you could stay in Palma Nova and go into Magaluf a few times. Or go to Cyprus and stay near Ayia Napa in Protaras or towards Nissi Beach. Taxis in those kinda places don't cost much either so travelling into the towns'll be fine.

The first year we stayed in quite a nice hotel and got our holidays paid for for our 18th birthdays so paid £480, then the next year we paid for ourselves and paid £260-280 and this year we stayed in another nice hotel and paid £380. Can get a lot cheaper though. I recommend booking the flights and hotel seperately, we've saved loads this way.
    I don't think i'd be lucky enough to get it paid for for my 18th - although some of my friends may get some help with theirs.
    That's not too bad, around what I was thinking.
    As I said, it may be better for my group to be further away from the nightlife. We're quite a big group - probably about 15 - and we're pretty much split into 2 groups. Some of us would quite like to go out and enjoy ourselves, while others are more likely to sit in and enjoy a good book. Not saying that's boring or anything, I do it all the time, but you catch my drift!

Magaluf and Ayia Napa sound good.

Thanks for your suggestions =) I'll get in touch with some friends and see what they think =)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from Gran Canaria and I'd reccommend it to anyone Absolutely amazing nightlife, there's a Pacha, Cream, Ministry of Sound and loads more. It's quiet during the days too (probably because everyone's nursing a hangover!) so it's really nice to relax. If you didn't fancy going out every night either, it's really quiet along the front where you can go for a meal and walk along the sea front I personally went out every night, although some of my friends prefered to just relax.

I absolutely loved Gran Canaria, can't wait to go back!

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere really that's nice, hot, has a good beach and decent resort

Nothing that hasn't already being mentioned, I'd say Spain, Greece, Cyprus or if you have a little bit extra (like me LoL) the Caribbean is gorgeous but maybe a little too expensive for just going to relax with a few mates

ReputationRep:
    I have a house in Varna, Bulgaria. I'm going on Friday for 2 weeks with my friends It's really nice there - amazinggg beaches!

It's also really cheap! However, the nightclubs open from like midnight till 6am :/

xxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.