Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just got my grades back, and my life of academic mediocrity continues.

B, C, C, C

Or: 67, 56.5, 57, 50.

Huzzah! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone..?

ReputationRep:
    You still get A's B's and C's in uni? I averaged 74% whatever that is in your system.

ReputationRep:
    2.2 average of 56 I think

three 3rds, three 2.1s and a 1st

Gonna have to buck my ideas up ALOT next year

ReputationRep:
    58% - 2.2

Gotta up my game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkpull)
    You still get A's B's and C's in uni? I averaged 74% whatever that is in your system.
    Yeah, I was really confused when I got actual grades too, but meh :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    How did you do in your first year at uni?
    Very well, thanks. I achieved my target of a First.

ReputationRep:
    I averaged a low 2:1, lots of low 60s. I improved year upon year though, to eventually get a first class degree. Most people experience a similar thing, I know very few people whose marks actually decreased as they progressed through their degree.

ReputationRep:
    I think it my first year I averaged 58.5, which is a 2:2 overall.

To be honest, I was rather impressed with that at the time considering the utter half arsed approach I took. Fine for first year, not so great in additional years.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty ****. Core units suck, which is why I rarely turned up and failed two of them.

ReputationRep:
    2:2 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    2:i

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EbonyG)
    Pretty ****. Core units suck, which is why I rarely turned up and failed two of them.
    I know how that feels... common programme modules just sapped my enthusiasm. The only way you can do it is to just crack on and keep your head down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)

Fab

ReputationRep:
    One 1st, Four 2:i's, Four 2:ii's, and One 3rd.

Got a 2:ii overall.

Kinda disappointed but didn't expect to do much better. Most of my exams went terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats..im very jealous, wanted a 1st and i got 67%

ReputationRep:
    I know how that feels... common programme modules just sapped my enthusiasm. The only way you can do it is to just crack on and keep your head down.
    Yep. The problem is that in your first year of uni - if you've not had a gap year - you've just come out of the 'doing what you had to' in high school and your head is full of expectations of finally only 'doing what you want to/choose to do' at uni. If they had the core units evenly spread out over the years rather than the majority squished into first year, I would have done much better.

Mind you, if I wasn't such a lazy **** I also would have done much better.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Not as well as I should have (see profile).
    Oh well, there's always next year. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love.to.love.you.)
    Fab
    Thanks! :awesome: I've taken the "start as you mean to go on" approach. I'm a mature student, though, so the prospect of going out on the piss every night really didn't ever enter my head. I only got the results I did (86% avg.) because I'd literally devoted the last 7/8 months to my degree.

I've witnessed the price of failure in my first attempt at a degree and paid the price for it, so I was determined to not make the same mistake twice, plus the generous scholarship that I'll be awarded because of my results, too.
    So there's those two carrots on sticks. But another thing I wanted to do was to prove to the academic snobs on here that A-Level grades mean jack ****. I tire of their endless snobbery about which Oxbridge college they're going to, how AAB is a **** A-Level result and how all ex-polys need razing. If I continue along the same path as I have been doing so far, I'll have proved that quite nicely.

ReputationRep:
    70, 71, 73 - delighted with my first year of part time study!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.