Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a 2:1, which is alright even if it was a really low 2:1. I also failed a module which is really really bad, I don't have to resit though.

Basically, I did no work all year. Generally a waste of thousands of pounds, and stress when I go back. Brill.

ReputationRep:
    I got 58% but now have got 59.5% in my second year at a different uni on a different course.
    Not much improvement sadly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Not as well as I should have (see profile).
    Oh well, there's always next year. :yep:
    You're such a failure.

ReputationRep:
    Had a 1st class honours average in 1st year. That was a long time ago...

ReputationRep:
    4 1st's 5 2'1s and 1 2.2

overall 68% aka 2.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Thanks! :awesome: I've taken the "start as you mean to go on" approach. I'm a mature student, though, so the prospect of going out on the piss every night really didn't ever enter my head. I only got the results I did (86% avg.) because I'd literally devoted the last 7/8 months to my degree.

I've witnessed the price of failure in my first attempt at a degree and paid the price for it, so I was determined to not make the same mistake twice, plus the generous scholarship that I'll be awarded because of my results, too.
    So there's those two carrots on sticks. But another thing I wanted to do was to prove to the academic snobs on here that A-Level grades mean jack ****. I tire of their endless snobbery about which Oxbridge college they're going to, how AAB is a **** A-Level result and how all ex-polys need razing. If I continue along the same path as I have been doing so far, I'll have proved that quite nicely.
    Does your first year even count? Why did you feel the need to study 24/7 in your first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    Does your first year even count? Why did you feel the need to study 24/7 in your first year?
    No it didn't as far as my overall final degree award is concerned. It did count towards me getting a scholarship, though, and because I'll have an uphill struggle competing with other graduates in two years time, an excellent first year will look appealing on my transcript.

Besides... start as you mean to go on.

ReputationRep:
    2:2, I look back now and realised that my writing style was shocking. Thats what your first year is all about learning from your mistakes. I got 2:1 in my second year, as long as you try hard you can always improve.

ReputationRep:
    No it didn't as far as my overall final degree award is concerned. It did count towards me getting a scholarship, though, and because I'll have an uphill struggle competing with other graduates in two years time, an excellent first year will look appealing on my transcript.

Besides... start as you mean to go on.
    Depends on the job. Are you doing comp sci?

ReputationRep:
    I got a 1st but the second half of the year was awful. I was pretty shocked to get a 1st. Thank god you can still cram in the first year. I'm really really gonna work next year...

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the job. Are you doing comp sci?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    What are you studying? I know for finance jobs a 2.1 is all that you need because work experience etc counts for a lot more than academics.

ReputationRep:
    What are you studying? I know for finance jobs a 2.1 is all that you need because work experience etc counts for a lot more than academics.
    Computer Forensics.

ReputationRep:
    My averages were all mid-high 60s; thus, 2.1 marks.

Aiming for a first next year all being well.

ReputationRep:
    3B, 5C,2D
    average of 66-67

Averaged 62%..

ReputationRep:
    My average was 18%.
    Which was about average for my year. We do progress testing at my uni, all 5 years sit the same exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love.to.love.you.)
    How did you do in your first year at uni?
    Well, thankyou. Got three 2:1s and a 1st across my four papers, so averaged a 2:1 overall. Very happy!

ReputationRep:
    52 - 2:2
    2 3rds, 4 2:2's, AND 2 2:1'S

gonna be working alot harder this year!

ReputationRep:
    Got about 58% average and found that difficult to achieve tbh, but it isnt really that bad considering in one of our exams only about 1% of the year got a 1st and in another over a third of the year failed :s

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.