Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i've played C&C3, C&C3 Kane's Wrath, C&C Red Alert and Daw of War. Lots of command and conquer games. What is another decent RTS i can play (Not DoW2). Needs to have a good story line and be fun to play.

ReputationRep:
    Try the older command and conquer games. So much better than the **** that EA is spewing out.
    - Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge
    - Red Alert 2
    - Tiberian Sun: Firestorm
    - Tiberian Sun
    - Red Alert
    - Tiberian Dawn

For something different, try Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander: Forged Allliance.
    - Needs a beast of a CPU
    But...
    - Lets you pump out huge numbers of units
    - You can build massive experimental units
    - You can use cool UI features like: factory pumping out a repeated pattern of units, making transports automatically transport units to the battle, adjusting patrols by dragging waypoints.

Its one of my favourite games and is a hell of a blast to play. There is a massive learning curve however and until you can understand how to control your economy, the game will be very boring.

Supreme Commander E3 video (must watch): http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30900956872152

ReputationRep:
    Warcraft 3 and expansion

Company of Heroes is similar to DoW

ReputationRep:
    Rise Of Nations was a quality RTS game, but even now all I play is Ra2:YR....still awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Supreme commander is (imo) the ultimate current RTS.
    Seems complicated at first, but once you get used to it, it's brilliant

ReputationRep:
    If you want a good story line then Warcraft 3 is the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obscurename)
    If you want a good story line then Warcraft 3 is the way to go.
    :ditto:

The amount of time I spent on it, plus its expansions, AND downloading the custom campaigns available online... :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Age of Empires 2 is still the best.

ReputationRep:
    Warcraft 3
    Age of Empires 3

Or just wait and get Starcraft 2.

ReputationRep:
    World in Conflict has one of the best and most believable storylines I've ever played, truly awesome game imo,
    Company of Heroes was pretty decent,
    Men of War was fun, once you got over the terrible voice acting - probably the worst I've heard lol,
    or why not go old skool and get Age of Empires and the Rise of Rome expansion... oh the memories

ReputationRep:
    Total Annihilation, best rts ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Total Annihilation, best rts ever.
    Dear God yes... :woo:

You sir have just earned yourself some rep.

On a different note, the Total War series is pretty damn good. Personally I'd go for either Rome TW or Medieval 2 TW, Empire's just not all it's cracked up to be. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkplug)
    Dear God yes... :woo:
    TIS TRUE!!

I have likd 3GB or more of player made maps for Total annihilation and TONS of player made units, not sure I even have the original ones left LMAO.

Supreme Commander is great but..it doesn't feel the same. Honestly I'd have prefered it if they kept everything the same but updated the graphics. Also there isn't the same modding base, although there rarely is these days since it's just too complex to mod new games. TA and Red alert 2 were too easy to mod. A lot of game info was in notepad files or files which could be opened in notepad and then making voxels, cameos ets was relatively simple.

ReputationRep:
    Dark Reign 2 if you can find it was a great game. Old, but very fun.

ReputationRep:
    Age of Mythology =D

ReputationRep:
    Cossacks: Napoleonic wars.

ReputationRep:
    Ceasar III

For something different :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Age of Empires 2 is still the best.
    Correction: Age of Empires: Rise of Rome is still the best. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Might try out Warcraft 3. Or some of the older C&C games to get a background on the storyline for when C&C4 comes out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Ceasar III

For something different :yes:
    ftmw. I love that game. I've played it to death.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.