Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting at Hatfield college in October.

Am I right in thinking that I'll here about accommodation AFTER A Level Results? I think I read this somewhere.

I was also wondering how much the deposit is likely to be and when it will have to be paid by? Can't find anything out about this on the Durham website.

Lastly, I'm technically a mature student (21 isn't that old!) and I wondered whether this made it more likely that I'll be allocated a single room?

Thank you....x

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't know about Hatfield but I'm going to be at Cuth's and I was told that it was very unlikely that I'd have to share a room because of my age (I'm 20). Hatfield might have a different policy though...

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I was wondering when I was going to hear about accomadation.

I'm going to Hatfield too, but I didn't know if they sent out information later or had just forgotten about me.

ReputationRep:
    Accommodation is sorted after results day. You'll get a big packet from college in the post.

ReputationRep:
    Oh speaking of college welcome packs, are they usually sent out directly after results day? Because I'm leaving on September 1st and I don't want to sort it all out after I come back from Iceland. And Cuth's is supposed to send it all out later, I think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frederizia)
    Oh speaking of college welcome packs, are they usually sent out directly after results day? Because I'm leaving on September 1st and I don't want to sort it all out after I come back from Iceland. And Cuth's is supposed to send it all out later, I think?
    I got mine like two days after results day but I think a lot of people get them even earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Goood, thanks. I should be fine then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)
    I got mine like two days after results day but I think a lot of people get them even earlier.
    completely irrelevant, but it'd be great if you got it before results day- so you'd know you definitely got the right grades

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.