malechangingrooms
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I will be starting at Hatfield college in October.

Am I right in thinking that I'll here about accommodation AFTER A Level Results? I think I read this somewhere.

I was also wondering how much the deposit is likely to be and when it will have to be paid by? Can't find anything out about this on the Durham website.

Lastly, I'm technically a mature student (21 isn't that old!) and I wondered whether this made it more likely that I'll be allocated a single room?

Thank you....x
frederizia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, I don't know about Hatfield but I'm going to be at Cuth's and I was told that it was very unlikely that I'd have to share a room because of my age (I'm 20). Hatfield might have a different policy though...
generic hybrid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Accommodation is sorted after results day. You'll get a big packet from college in the post.
frederizia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh speaking of college welcome packs, are they usually sent out directly after results day? Because I'm leaving on September 1st and I don't want to sort it all out after I come back from Iceland. And Cuth's is supposed to send it all out later, I think?
generic hybrid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by frederizia)
Oh speaking of college welcome packs, are they usually sent out directly after results day? Because I'm leaving on September 1st and I don't want to sort it all out after I come back from Iceland. And Cuth's is supposed to send it all out later, I think?
I got mine like two days after results day but I think a lot of people get them even earlier.
frederizia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Goood, thanks. I should be fine then
Aleeece123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by generic hybrid)
I got mine like two days after results day but I think a lot of people get them even earlier.
completely irrelevant, but it'd be great if you got it before results day- so you'd know you definitely got the right grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.6%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed