Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...SS&attr=797084

Not as bad as you may at first think, but it's pathetic morality lessons have come to this.

ReputationRep:
    They have cameras in classrooms :eek:

We have cameras in computer rooms and outside toilets looking onto the doors but having them in toilets and in classrooms is a bit extreme :erm:

ReputationRep:
    40 Cameras outside? wtf!!

ReputationRep:
    They have cameras EVERYWHERE in my school. When they were first introduced our head even made a lame comment like: "REMEMBER-WE ARE WATCHING YOU" Everyone was like-ohh puhhhlease. It truly was a prison. So glad i've left now (Y)

ReputationRep:
    My old school chucked camera's in the toilets two years ago to stop vandalism and smoking - it failed, epically.

ReputationRep:
    Utterly pathetic.

“The pupils saw that there was available space on the security system operating in the school and asked whether TV cameras could be installed, to prevent further vandalism to the toilets which they are so proud of.”

Lulz.

ReputationRep:
    my primary scool used to put cameras in the toilets too

ReputationRep:
    I was asked to wait in the inner caverns of reception once because I was doing a teacher a favour, and was genuinely surprized to see an enormous screen with footage from cameras all over the place displayed on it. I also realized after months of hiding myself away between the shelves of the Sixth-Form library, that there was a screeen inside the staff room with cameras pointing directly at those shelves, fairly easily viewable by the students sitting at the tables.

So. Life story, there.

ReputationRep:
    Wheres the money coming from for this?

ReputationRep:
    My old 6th form had 4 cameras in the whole school (or at least that we knew about); one onto the teachers' car park, one onto the students' and guests' car park, one facing the main school toilets and one facing the 6th form toilets. This was to stop vandalism, however, it didn't really work.

ReputationRep:
    thats mad, its like their spying on them!
    at my school theres a handful of cameras outside the building, but none inside as far as i know!

ReputationRep:
    My old school had cameras everywhere, inc. the toilets, and an on-site police force. Old news!

ReputationRep:
    They did this in our high school. Everyone protested but they claimed because they werent pointing at the toilets (even though you could see the urinals) they were legal. :dontknow: Pathetic if you ask me. They also wouldnt switch the water to taps on (again, illegal) because some people would throw it at others :\

ReputationRep:
    I'm really un-nerved about the amount of CCTV that's around today

ReputationRep:
    Good pupils at school should be under more survalliance, To put them in classrooms gives the teacher more support, this way its on record when pupils act like hooligans. I dont balme them for installing 40, they should put one in every classroom, corridor, tolilet etc they cant be trusted.

ReputationRep:
    Our school doesn't have any...there's a couple outside the school but they aren't school-owned ones, they're public ones. Obviously they just trust us :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My school has cameras in the toilets.
    They worked for a while, preventing vandilism and smoking but slowly things have changed and now no one cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by René Artois)
    They did this in our high school. Everyone protested but they claimed because they werent pointing at the toilets (even though you could see the urinals) they were legal. :dontknow: Pathetic if you ask me. They also wouldnt switch the water to taps on (again, illegal) because some people would throw it at others :\
    :yucky: How did you wash your hands? Surely thats bad hygiene practice?

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, there were no cameras in my secondary or primary schools... I can't begin to imagine what that's like; wouldn't it destroy the teacher/student trust if everything was viewed as suspicious?

I'm all for cameras in public places such as streets, car parks and outside public buildings, but schools? Never heard of it, how ignorant am I... :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vozmozhno)
    :yucky: How did you wash your hands? Surely thats bad hygiene practice?
    Yeah its illegal. I never used the toilets so I was ok.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.