Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ha, I read the title and thought it meant in the toilet CUBICLES. just in case one of the teachers were bored and wanted to perv on some of the pupils. Id say its alright in the toilets, facing the sinks etc, but no where near the actual toilets, im guessing that's illegal? My old school could have used a few more, our toilets/sinks were filled with soggy paper, cigarette butts, and condoms...

ReputationRep:
    None in our school.

ReputationRep:
    We had them around an about outside the building. The staff who installed them had them put up high to avoid them being vandalised, but since they didn't record just connected to a monitor (which only one member of staff could have access to) we waited for him to go out of his office then throw soaking tissue paper at them and disable them. Because they were high up it took them ages to get it sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Have a little trust people, cameras in toilets cannot see into cubicles! At my school toilets were disgusting before CCTV, you couldnt see for smoke and were a haven for bullies, when the CCTV arrived the problems disappeared almost completely.
    Cameras are a great deterrant and most arnt watched constantly, only if someone reports a problem that needs checking.

ReputationRep:
    My school toilets didn't have any toilet paper or locks on the doors, deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Smash the cameras.

ReputationRep:
    My school put cameras round the outside of the school to stop people from wanting to vandalise it. Thing is, they were fake and were only there to 'scare' us lol

ReputationRep:
    We have cameras all over the place at school - in the sixth form common room, the crush hall, main hall, in the loos, locker rooms, etc.

We were told there were not necessarily there to prevent vandalism, but so, when vandalism occurs, the culprit can be found. This has happened a couple of times so I guess from the school's perspective the CCTV cameras are a success.

We like to perform the YMCA in front of the sixth form common room camera for the pleasure of the reception staff.

ReputationRep:
    We had them in our toilets, but they took down half the mirrors so the cameras could only see the sink and the entrance :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Who would willingly watch the videos of what people do in the toilet anyways??

ReputationRep:
    The pupils who asked for the cameras should be ashamed of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    We had them inside toilets, and outside, in corridors and in computer rooms. Junior school seems a bit young but it is preparing them like he says

ReputationRep:
    My school had cameras installed in the toilets. The headmaster lied to the parents. And said he'd asked the parents.

..dumb.

ReputationRep:
    In the school i have just left they had cameras EVERYWHERE including the toilets. After a while though u just forget about them

FREE PRONZ FOR TEECHAS :woo:

ReputationRep:
    My school was like a prison. You couldn't go out the gates without having some security card and there were cameras everywhere. Added to that, every teacher put pressure on you to get a grade A in the A Level exams and they didn't care for your well-being, only the school's reputation and league table position.

It was a horrible horrible place I tell you :sad:

ReputationRep:
    If they were facing the entrance of toilet block then I think that would be a good comprimise.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just me but I really don't see the problem. They've put CCTV in public areas to deter vandalism. Yes, it's a shame that they feel they need to, but it's hardly a breach of human rights! If there were another teacher in the classroom it wouldn't be a big deal, so what's wrong with putting a camera there? And the sink area of the toilets is hardly a private area either.

ReputationRep:
    In my school I only ever saw one security camera and I don't think it even worked. But in my friends school I was in once to go to a musical they had cameras everywhere, it was so wierd! Although there were a lot of rough people that went to her school.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.