The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tbh I wouldn't really care if they put cameras inside the toilet as long as they're not inside the cubicles.

My smoking friends would be gutted though.
Who is the headteacher?

Spoiler

we had loads of cameras and police about at my old school. people would bring knifes, vodka and weed into school for some reason. at every assembly we were welcomed by a friendly sniffer dog as we sat down.
Reply 43
To be honest, a few schools have got to this kind of level of needing it.
Reply 44
“The pupils saw that there was available space on the security system operating in the school and asked whether TV cameras could be installed, to prevent further vandalism to the toilets which they are so proud of.”

Statement of the year
We have CCTV cameras in our social seating area... Kinda creepy imo.

EDIT: We also have CCTV in the foyer and the outside social areas. Yet at events like the Summer School Concert and the Prizegiving at the end of the year, parents aren't allowed to photograph or film their children? But of course the school can film us eating our dinner, speaking to our friends etc. WTF.
Chipie
Wheres the money coming from for this? :frown:

It will not be from the same pot as the one which pays for books, teachers etc. Schools have money allocated for various different things, one of which is buildings.
the little blighters that are in school today im surprised they dont have armed guards in the classroom

shoot a few of the little buggers and the rest would soon fall in line (i jest of course)
*shudders*
Reply 49
Actually in the toilets? That's illegal right? Filming people in such a situation?

It always freaks me out if I have to pee in a public toilet but I've always figured they're not allowed to have CCTV in toilets...
Reply 50
Actually you know what...CCTV in toilets might be a good idea, it could sound a siren and have a voice saying 'Wash your hands you dirty little bugger!' when scum try to leave without washing their hands :p:
Reply 51
Next stop, Paedegeddon.
Reply 52
Good idea, really. They should do it in high schools too; there used to be a lot of... illicit* activities in the toilets at my old school.

*Drugs, and buying/selling drugs/cigarettes.
It's finally true - You can't even have a **** without someone monitoring your every move.
Orwellian future here we come :biggrin:
Tootles
Good idea, really. They should do it in high schools too; there used to be a lot of... illicit* activities in the toilets at my old school.

*Drugs, and buying/selling drugs/cigarettes.

This is hardly a bad thing in my opinion
Reply 55
Rosie0914
We have cameras all over the place at school - in the sixth form common room, the crush hall, main hall, in the loos, locker rooms, etc.

We were told there were not necessarily there to prevent vandalism, but so, when vandalism occurs, the culprit can be found. This has happened a couple of times so I guess from the school's perspective the CCTV cameras are a success.

We like to perform the YMCA in front of the sixth form common room camera for the pleasure of the reception staff.

For this reason only, I WANT a camera in the 6th form common room! :yes:
Hahaha!! What do they say if they recognise you?
Reply 56
IsThatAnth?
This is hardly a bad thing in my opinion
What is hardly a bad thing?
Reply 57
My primary school ended up refusing to put toilet paper in the toilets, so you had to ask a teacher for some and you'd usually get 2-3 sheets... it was a nightmare!
Anyway in my high school, I think there are about 4 security cameras, one of which is outside near the bike racks. I don't think any of them work though, since last year I wrote 100 digits of pi horizontally across the wall and it never got mentioned by any teachers :rolleyes:
Shami Chakrabarti, director of the human rights organisation Liberty, said that the measure would serve only to prepare children for a lifetime of intrusive surveillance.

The cameras were installed at the request of the pupils’ school council, Mr Holman said.

:no: They are going to be some hated kids.

Apparently my school is considering placing CCTV cameras in classrooms and parents can log onto the VLE AND WATCH US. :eek: All I can do is pray that it's a silly rumour and thank God that I only have one academic year and then I finally get promoted to the sixth form block!
Reply 59
In year seven I was baffled as to why no one ever used the end toilet cubicle, as it was always sparkling clean and fully stocked with loo roll...that was until my friend kindly pointed out the CCTV lurking suspiciously close to the top of the door :s-smilie:
...the end cubicle has never been the same again :frown:

We have CCTV in every single toilet in our school, including the sixth form loos where there hardly seems to be any vandalism. They don't really do much in terms of fighting off vandalism OR smoking, because there is evidence that these occur on a regular basis. They either just go to a blind spot, or either don't care about being caught on camera.

Latest

Trending

Trending