Turn on thread page Beta

School installs CCTV cameras in pupil toilets watch

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha i'd have loved to see how that first meeting went,

"I would like to suggest putting cctv cameras in the junior toilets"
    "...."
    "Get out"

ReputationRep:
    we've got tonnes of cameras in our school, but so far none in the toilets- the 6th form ones anyway... Took me ages to notice them though, they told us they were there, but they're just little black dome shaped things in the ceilings so kinda hard to spot if you don't know what you're looking for- i think i should organise a trek round school in september to count them all- i bet there's over 50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    What is hardly a bad thing?
    Read the quote, essentially the whole thing.
    Kids generally partake in such activities at some stage, regardless of a big f*cking camera preying on them.

ReputationRep:
    We had them everywhere in the school but not in the toilets there were however strategically placed cameras pointing into the toilets from across the corridor but all you had to do was shut the door

ReputationRep:
    At my old secondary school there were a few incidents of sex in the toilets. I'd hate to think that this would be stopped by putting cameras in the toilets. It destroys the prospect of a good rumour.

ReputationRep:
    Makes you want to wear a hoodie, all the time

ReputationRep:
    haha, we have loads at college...in the hallways, which makes me wonder why my mate hasnt been approached about the fact he keeps trying to touch me up :rolleyes:

and me and 2 mates were sat outside on our last day with an hour to burn and Adam my mate started doing strange things and spanking his own backside and im filming it for youtube...and then James and Adam tried to do the chicken dance and James fell over...then we realised we were right by a camera! lol x

ReputationRep:
    My secondary school had cameras in the toilets, in all fairness it was probably a good idea considering the amount of dealing/bullying/stealing that went on.

Funnily enough, when the whole swine flu thing started, the Deputy Head came in and told us that after an in depth study of the CCTV it was found that only 20% of people washed their hands, all the time staring at this one fat ginger girl (who looked like she was about to burst into tears). After that, everyone washed their hands and themselves of the ginga

ReputationRep:
    Our school had cameras to prevent vandalism until the cameras were vandalised, in the end the school got rid of them because it was costing more and more to repair them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furry747)
    For this reason only, I WANT a camera in the 6th form common room! :yes:
    Hahaha!! What do they say if they recognise you?

They know who most us are anyway, I think.... apparently once my friend went to hand in something to reception and one of the staff started humming the YMCA really loudly.

ReputationRep:
    Well it is stockwell park to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    Unless they are overlooking the urinals and/or the cubicles I don't see any problem with this.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.