Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Work to live. I'd like to enjoy my job in the future, but I'm happy to work in an office if it pays the bills.

And I'd like to go to uni so when I work to live, I'm (hopefully) living on more than I would have had I not gone to uni.

ReputationRep:
    work to live

though now im back in a decent job im going to (hopefully) enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    Bugger work. I have no desire to work, so if I do, it'll only be to make enough money to have a comfortable lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klash1022)
    It amazes me how or lives are situated around work...even though we work in order to live our lives become obsessed with it...we spend most of our time there, we spend a fortune on uni fees & get ourselves into tons of debt, stress ourselves out if we can't meet targets or our boss isn't happy with us when given the choice how many people would actually be there if they didn't have to be ?
    Madness!!!
    I think this is why people advise that you get a job that you 'love', so that working and living are essentially the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people work?? for money ofcourse

So you're telling me you would still work if you won the lotto? hahaha what a joke

ReputationRep:
    Live to work! I love what i do and im such a workaholic, i cant stop even if i tried, my brain never switches off
    (Original post by shark67)
    Why do people work?? for money ofcourse

So you're telling me you would still work if you won the lotto? hahaha what a joke
    Yup ^.^ (even though i dont even play the lottery)
    Id get bored very easily if i gave up what i do

Im currently on placement and i dont want it to end, love it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    at the moment i am certinally working to live

ReputationRep:
    I have a pretty good job (not well paid, but it has other benefits). If I didn't have to work, then I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiko 1001)
    I'd rather be at work being productive than sitting on a beach wasting my life and turning lobster colour.
    Because that is the only other option we have if we don't work...

doesn't sound bad to me either.

ReputationRep:
    I'm working to live...but that's b/c we're in a recession & there's hardly any jobs so I'm quite stuck. If not, I would have quit and then it would be live to work. I hope in the future thats what it will be!

ReputationRep:
    It amazes me how or lives are situated around work...even though we work in order to live our lives become obsessed with it...we spend most of our time there, we spend a fortune on uni fees & get ourselves into tons of debt, stress ourselves out if we can't meet targets or our boss isn't happy with us when given the choice how many people would actually be there if they didn't have to be ?
    Madness!!!
    People are largely stupid, scared and lazy. They follow the system because it's easier than actually THINKING about things.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone lives to work. It just sounds retarded.

ReputationRep:
    work to survive, think to be free

ReputationRep:
    work to survive

so i have neither a confortable lifestyle nor an enjoyable well paid job

hopefully it wont be like this forever....theres always hope; or thats what i keep telling myself anyways (even if its not true)

ReputationRep:
    Madness!!!
    I think the obsession with work comes from a general obsession in society for material goods and the idea that you need money to live a happy life.

A large chunk of my life revolves around work at the moment, i work 7 to 5 monday to friday and normally saturday til midday. This is mostly so I can have the nice things/holidays/less stress about bills.
    I stress about getting things done and meeting targets, mainly because I am being made redundant between now and 2011, so I need to be in the good books to stay put as long as possible - its not ideal but a girl needs to eat! And I think alot of people are doin the same at the moment - working harder and getting more involved out of necessity as there isnt as much work out there as there preiously has been.

I have lived on the breadline, and it wasnt fun - and this is probably, again, part of my own obsession with work. I never want to be back there, nor do I want that for my family. If i work all i can possibly work now, I can build a nest egg for when redundancy hits on the offchance that I cannot walk into another job.

If I didnt have to be there. I wouldnt. I enjoy my job, and I would possibly work part time, but If i had the money too I would much rather be a professional student!

ReputationRep:
    Work to live of course.

I think there are very few jobs I'd have a genuine interest in. I'd keep working if I won the lottery though, just to be a **** to some of the tossers there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.