Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to do International Relations starting in 2009. I already have the entry requirements as I'm on a gap year, so hopefully I'll get in

Anyway, my question was this: would it be possible for a current student to either message me an essay or two, or a copy of any exemplar essays (I'm guessing they'd have some on the website you can only view if you're a student)? Seeing as I've never studied International Relations before, I'd like to check what kind of content I'd be studying and make sure it's definitely the course I'd want to do.

Also, what kind of subjects do you study in first and second year? All I know is that the course is called Intro to International Relations, I'd like to find out what kind of topics are studied (like Soviet Russia, Europe etc.) Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Im no current student but Im starting next year.
    You should have a look at the IR website, there is a list of all modules which are offered and it includes a description of the content of the course. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/intrel/ug/honoursmodules/
    You could also have a look at the exams written in IR http://exams.st-andrews.ac.uk/exams/
    Do you wanna do a undergraduate degree in IR, because you are too late to apply for entry 2009 then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fg08)
    Do you wanna do a undergraduate degree in IR, because you are too late to apply for entry 2009 then.
    Oops, I typed that wrong - thought this year was 2008 for some reason! I meant to write 2010, applying in 2009.

Thanks, those past papers were useful and I somehow managed to miss the PDFs with all the info on them when I was on the website before. Still, if anyone has any sample essays that would be good!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've never heard of any dept doing example essays. Someone might be able to give you examples of the essay titles though.

ReputationRep:
    Attached are copies of the 1st year module booklets you will get at the start of each semester. They give you an idea of the content and the essays you will answer, which are at the back of the booklet.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Module_book100609[1][1].doc (200.5 KB, 2718 views)
  2. File Type: doc Semester 1 module booklet.doc (235.5 KB, 2864 views)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.