Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    I only remember making 2 choices. Victoria halls was first choice and Windsor Terrace was second.
    I only got one offer, which was for Victoria Halls.
    Exactly the same as me!
    Except I have a conditional offer... I don't mind either Victoria or Windsor, they both look excellent!

ReputationRep:
    I only remember making 2 choices. Victoria halls was first choice and Windsor Terrace was second.
    Ditto. Although, I picked Marris House second.

ReputationRep:
    Not that many people apply for Vic Halls cos it's so expensive, you'll probably get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rennie)
    Ditto. Although, I picked Marris House second.
    Ah, so you decided to come to Newcastle in the end then? Good stuff.

(Original post by BlueRoses)
    Not that many people apply for Vic Halls cos it's so expensive, you'll probably get it.
    Tell me about it! I paid the whole lot in one go and watching ~£3800 go out of my student account in one go was pretty devastating.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so you decided to come to Newcastle in the end then? Good stuff.
    I did indeed. Victoria Halls here I come! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Marris House Flat 31D

ReputationRep:
    Richardson Road - Room 3 Flat 11C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay019)
    Richardson Road - Room 3 Flat 11C

ahhh so weird my friend was in 11C last year! room 6 though.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got my place yet, nevermind an accomodation offer but was just wondering what day everyones planning to move in on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marriedgirl)
    Haven't got my place yet, nevermind an accomodation offer but was just wondering what day everyones planning to move in on?
    I'm probably going to go up on the 18th (friday) though i've heard most people are moving in on the saturday.

ReputationRep:
    most people move in on the saturday or sunday before freshers week - international students can move in during the week, i think from the wednesday onwards (?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ob.is.a.bit.good)
    Congrats - I was in Flat 13 next door last year!!! If you want to meet more people I suggest you join the facebook group - thats how I met my flatmates

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14169003151
    ooo im in ur old flat lol.... Flat 13 Block A....... wats it like?

ReputationRep:
    I also only got two choices- Windsor Terrace was my second too but Marris House first.

ReputationRep:
    Will we be less likely to get in where we wanted if all the people with unconditionals have accomodation offers already? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taintedblue_i)
    Will we be less likely to get in where we wanted if all the people with unconditionals have accomodation offers already? :O
    Basically. That's why the most popular places (Marris House, Windsor Terrace) fill up first and why most school leavers end up in Ricky Road or Leazes because they're the biggest.

Marris House is pretty much all unconditional offer folk, I knew a few school leavers in Windsor T.

ReputationRep:
    Ive just been accepted on the conditional offer, does anyone know when ill find out my room number
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TryingHard)
    Ive just been accepted on the conditional offer, does anyone know when ill find out my room number
    x
    I jsut got mine through
    Room B Flat 12, Bowsden Court
    I'm surprised i didn't get St.Mary's..i was under the impression it was unpopular :dontknow: but oh well! This is good too :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Did you just get your results today?

How did you get told about the accommadation? letter email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd221)
    Did you just get your results today?

How did you get told about the accommadation? letter email?
    I got my results today and they jsut sent an email offering me a place to stay so if you're in then im sure yours will be on its way too :yes:

ReputationRep:
    When did you get the email?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Newcastle University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.