Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    order they were received - they're lying.

My application was done within 17 minutes of you being able to apply.

I would put a bet on that i was the first applicant out of everyone!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i doubt they do it in order of applications, for one that would be unfair, and for two i got my offer yesterday morning but i didnt apply that early..

ReputationRep:
    It does say on the site thats how they do it but it has just turned out to be a lie.

ReputationRep:
    Its probably doen alphabetically, meaning i'll be last lol.

What letter does everyones surname begin with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by porcelainvodka)
    Victoria Halls, Block B, Flat 24, room 3.
    PM me!
    I'm also in Vicky Halls... but in Block C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd221)

Haha maybe, my surnames a B :ninja:
    i still didnt get the one i wanted though soo i guess it doesnt really matter, they'll get round to you eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd221)

My surname starts with W and i got mine yesterday so it doesn't seem that's the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd221)
    order they were received - they're lying.

My application was done within 17 minutes of you being able to apply.

I would put a bet on that i was the first applicant out of everyone!
    I applied early too, and have suspicions about how they do it. I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Are there any A levellers on here who applied to Victoria Halls/Windsor Terrace/Marris House and actually got a spot? It seems like grads, internationals and Scottish students took all the spots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Are there any A levellers on here who applied to Victoria Halls/Windsor Terrace/Marris House and actually got a spot? It seems like grads, internationals and Scottish students took all the spots.
    Thats why I think the system would be so much fairer if they gave A levellers 3/4 choices, as they may not get 1st/2nd choice but at least they wouldn't end up somewhere they really don't want to go.

ReputationRep:

Yes I did.
    Victoria Halls was my first choice, I applied around April time. I am quite lucky I know
    I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get their choices, it must be frustrating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    I'm in flat 12 am i safe to assume that will be a few floors up? Cause i currently live on the ground floor and can't open my curtains cos people walk past and look in! So i'm looking forward to the sunlight :woo:
    cool Uhm, I spoke to someone who stayed in flat 8 last year, and she told me she thought (she must've been hard on the bottle all of last year ) that there were four flats per floor, and three floors. Which would make flat 12 on the top floor

ReputationRep:
    Im going to castle leazes self-catered after applying to Victoria halls and Windsor terrace, i applied the first day you could too but owell Tyne House, Eustace Percy Hall anyone else going there?

ReputationRep:
    I don't fit that criteria and got in. I'm an IB student, but not international, Scottish or a graduate.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is because IB students, and internationals knows their grades before you guys, and is therefore accepted before the English A leve students. If Victoria Halls and the other two halls you mention, are the most popular, they'll naturally go to them first... Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aina)
    Maybe it is because IB students, and internationals knows their grades before you guys, and is therefore accepted before the English A leve students. If Victoria Halls and the other two halls you mention, are the most popular, they'll naturally go to them first... Just a thought
    Yeh this is what i meant. All the people that got their results first got their accommodation first, so the most popular ones seemed to be almost filled up by the time A levellers got their results. I know you aren't international Rennie but you do IB, and hence you got your results and accommodation offer before the A levellers.

ReputationRep:
    oh yes exactly I can understand why it must seem "unfair" to you guys though. They could've waited until everyone had had their results then sorted it out, but I reckon that would've created a massive workload for the accommodation team :\

ReputationRep:
    Got in Victoria Halls Block C, Flat 12.

Any neighbours feel free to add me on facey - Phil Colbourne (Leeds network)

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Victoria Hall and Bowsdon Court I'm in at St Mary's College. Is it possible to swap? I really wanted one of my choices or at least an en suit room

ReputationRep:
    Actually it looks really nice bit worried about the distance 40 min walk away but I could always take my car/bike. Anyone visited st mary's or was there for their 1st year i'd love to hear what it was like

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.