Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    order they were received - they're lying.

My application was done within 17 minutes of you being able to apply.

I would put a bet on that i was the first applicant out of everyone!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i doubt they do it in order of applications, for one that would be unfair, and for two i got my offer yesterday morning but i didnt apply that early..

ReputationRep:
    It does say on the site thats how they do it but it has just turned out to be a lie.

ReputationRep:
    Its probably doen alphabetically, meaning i'll be last lol.

What letter does everyones surname begin with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by porcelainvodka)
    Victoria Halls, Block B, Flat 24, room 3.
    PM me!
    I'm also in Vicky Halls... but in Block C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd221)

Haha maybe, my surnames a B :ninja:
    i still didnt get the one i wanted though soo i guess it doesnt really matter, they'll get round to you eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd221)

My surname starts with W and i got mine yesterday so it doesn't seem that's the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd221)
    order they were received - they're lying.

My application was done within 17 minutes of you being able to apply.

I would put a bet on that i was the first applicant out of everyone!
    I applied early too, and have suspicions about how they do it. I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Are there any A levellers on here who applied to Victoria Halls/Windsor Terrace/Marris House and actually got a spot? It seems like grads, internationals and Scottish students took all the spots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Are there any A levellers on here who applied to Victoria Halls/Windsor Terrace/Marris House and actually got a spot? It seems like grads, internationals and Scottish students took all the spots.
    Thats why I think the system would be so much fairer if they gave A levellers 3/4 choices, as they may not get 1st/2nd choice but at least they wouldn't end up somewhere they really don't want to go.

ReputationRep:

Yes I did.
    Victoria Halls was my first choice, I applied around April time. I am quite lucky I know
    I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get their choices, it must be frustrating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    I'm in flat 12 am i safe to assume that will be a few floors up? Cause i currently live on the ground floor and can't open my curtains cos people walk past and look in! So i'm looking forward to the sunlight :woo:
    cool Uhm, I spoke to someone who stayed in flat 8 last year, and she told me she thought (she must've been hard on the bottle all of last year ) that there were four flats per floor, and three floors. Which would make flat 12 on the top floor

ReputationRep:
    Im going to castle leazes self-catered after applying to Victoria halls and Windsor terrace, i applied the first day you could too but owell Tyne House, Eustace Percy Hall anyone else going there?

ReputationRep:
    I don't fit that criteria and got in. I'm an IB student, but not international, Scottish or a graduate.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is because IB students, and internationals knows their grades before you guys, and is therefore accepted before the English A leve students. If Victoria Halls and the other two halls you mention, are the most popular, they'll naturally go to them first... Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aina)
    Maybe it is because IB students, and internationals knows their grades before you guys, and is therefore accepted before the English A leve students. If Victoria Halls and the other two halls you mention, are the most popular, they'll naturally go to them first... Just a thought
    Yeh this is what i meant. All the people that got their results first got their accommodation first, so the most popular ones seemed to be almost filled up by the time A levellers got their results. I know you aren't international Rennie but you do IB, and hence you got your results and accommodation offer before the A levellers.

ReputationRep:
    oh yes exactly I can understand why it must seem "unfair" to you guys though. They could've waited until everyone had had their results then sorted it out, but I reckon that would've created a massive workload for the accommodation team :\

ReputationRep:
    Got in Victoria Halls Block C, Flat 12.

Any neighbours feel free to add me on facey - Phil Colbourne (Leeds network)

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Victoria Hall and Bowsdon Court I'm in at St Mary's College. Is it possible to swap? I really wanted one of my choices or at least an en suit room

ReputationRep:
    Actually it looks really nice bit worried about the distance 40 min walk away but I could always take my car/bike. Anyone visited st mary's or was there for their 1st year i'd love to hear what it was like

University open days

1. Newcastle University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.