Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Honey*Bear*)
    I applied to Victoria Hall and Bowsdon Court I'm in at St Mary's College. Is it possible to swap? I really wanted one of my choices or at least an en suit room
    I wanted st.mary's and got put in bowsden! I'll swap!

ReputationRep:
    any ricky roaders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Yeh this is what i meant. All the people that got their results first got their accommodation first, so the most popular ones seemed to be almost filled up by the time A levellers got their results. I know you aren't international Rennie but you do IB, and hence you got your results and accommodation offer before the A levellers.
    Ah, I see.

I do feel awfully bad... but I'm glad there was some advantage to the IB because I was in college far more often than my A level friends, had more exams and had to do a lot of community work... so having something positive is good!

I think it is unfair- they should definitely allocate only a certain amount of the most popular accommodation in July, or just do everyone's in August together.

They should also give people an option to put a place that they wouldn't be happy in. Equally, I know some unis allow you to order all of the different halls in order of preference. If they did that, you could at least get your third or fourth choice. It seems crazy how they are allocating some accommodation quite randomly and I know lots of people want to switch. They could prevent that problem by changing the application process a little.

ReputationRep:
    Room E Flat 19, Bowsden Court, South Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 1RR

WOOP

ReputationRep:
    im a ricky roader! im really disapointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rwebster99)
    im a ricky roader! im really disapointed.
    where abouts ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleandMangoPie)
    any ricky roaders?
    Me too, where are you?
    I really wanted Marris or Windsor though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smash and grab)
    Me too, where are you?
    I really wanted Marris or Windsor though
    lol those were my choices too! Im Lowden court- what about urself? what subject u doing?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Windor Terraace? Or more specifically Hodgkin1B?

ReputationRep:
    anyone in st.mary's want to swap for bowsden court??
    Actualy can we even swap? i wouldn't know how to go about it...but still, i would really like to!

ReputationRep:
    Windsor Terrace - Hodgkin 3A

ReputationRep:
    Anyone St Mary's flat 8?

I'm really sorry km31 but I think I'm going to stick with it. I'll let you know if I change my mind though xx

ReputationRep:
    Got Victoria halls however the documents haven't come through yet so not sure what flat number. Pleased i got it like it was my first choice:yep: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay019)
    I'm probably going to go up on the 18th (friday) though i've heard most people are moving in on the saturday.
    I was planning to go up on the Friday too, but my contract start date says the 19th, can I still arrive on the Friday? I'm in Ricky road

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    anyone in st.mary's want to swap for bowsden court??
    Actualy can we even swap? i wouldn't know how to go about it...but still, i would really like to!
    a lot of people would want to swap, so post around a bit

ReputationRep:
    Anyone planning on going up the night before and staying overnight before moving in BOOK YOUR HOTEL NOW - there is very limited availability due to the Great North Run being that weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Anyone planning on going up the night before and staying overnight before moving in BOOK YOUR HOTEL NOW - there is very limited availability due to the Great North Run being that weekend.

Aww melllllllt is it?
    I can stay at my sisters place but that means traffic will be mental

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marriedgirl)
    Aww melllllllt is it?
    I can stay at my sisters place but that means traffic will be mental
    Yep. My mum had real difficulty booking a place to stay - not only is everywhere booked up but it's really expensive when you find somewhere too, hence why I wanted to warn people before it gets even worse!

ReputationRep:
    Grim! I have to get up at like half four to get the ferry to Stranraer then drive down I could not be bothered with huge traffic jams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marriedgirl)
    Grim! I have to get up at like half four to get the ferry to Stranraer then drive down I could not be bothered with huge traffic jams
    snap

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.