Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    ok why are people getting hard copies/printing theirs?? is it just to have the contract..not to send anything away right?
    Yes you have to send away within 7 days of receiving the offer. You have to fill out your details and sign the contract before sending it off. You may also have to send off details of how you are going to be paying the rent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Yes you have to send away within 7 days of receiving the offer. You have to fill out your details and sign the contract before sending it off. You may also have to send off details of how you are going to be paying the rent.
    I haven't got anything through the post? Or signed anything, but i'm sure i've confirmed it.. i got an email after acceoting it online saying this:

Accommodation Acceptance

Thank you for confirming your acceptance of University accommodation. Your accommodation is now booked and we look forward to welcoming you at Newcastle University.

To collect your keys: You will need to print this email as you are required to present this on your arrival. For information about how and where to collect your keys, you should refer to your Conditions of Tenancy Booklet at <http://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/about/download.htm> and/or a new page to be created.
    So is that ok?

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks, Ill do it tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    I haven't got anything through the post? Or signed anything, but i'm sure i've confirmed it.. i got an email after acceoting it online saying this:

So is that ok?
    Thats the same for me, I just had to accept it online and say how I was going to pay. Not had to send anything off, although I haven't had anything through the post yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggillystyle)
    snap
    Though on the plus side, early morning ferry means 5am pints :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)

So is that ok?
    Hmm, sounds like you are sorted. Perhaps it varies between accommodations but for Victoria halls you had to send in a signed tenancy agreement and direct debit form.
    You will have to sign a tenancy agreement at some point though, without that you aren't legally renting a place.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, sounds like you are sorted. Perhaps it varies between accommodations but for Victoria halls you had to send in a signed tenancy agreement and direct debit form.
    You will have to sign a tenancy agreement at some point though, without that you aren't legally renting a place.
    That's probably because with Victoria Halls you have to pay the term's rent in advance don't you? I think it's because it's not actually owned by Newcastle Uni or something, it's actually a company that has a chain of Victoria Halls' over the country

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is up for it I would be willing to do an accommodation swap for Ricky Road, for a catered room in Castle Leazes!

Let me know if your interested! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    That's probably because with Victoria Halls you have to pay the term's rent in advance don't you? I think it's because it's not actually owned by Newcastle Uni or something, it's actually a company that has a chain of Victoria Halls' over the country
    Yep, you do have to pay the rent in advance. It's owned by Victoria Hall Ltd and then Newcastle reserve a certain amount of flats for their students.

ReputationRep:
    Goin to view my flat tommorrow I'm so excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleandMangoPie)
    any ricky roaders?
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to downsize three wardrobes into one, but dont think i can i hope my rooms not too tiny :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleandMangoPie)
    lol those were my choices too! Im Lowden court- what about urself? what subject u doing?
    Goldsbrough Court. Guessing each one is pretty much the same. doing Geography BA, you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Castle Leazes, self catered. Anyone else in Hiscock house????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    I'm trying to downsize three wardrobes into one, but dont think i can i hope my rooms not too tiny :woo:
    3 wardrobes?!

Chirst, i barely fill half of one.

ReputationRep:
    RICCCKKKYYY ROOOADDDD

ROOM 1, FLAT 11B, GOLDSBOROUGH COURT....

NICE...

am i near anybody here?

ReputationRep:
    3 wardrobes?!

Chirst, i barely fill half of one.
    I think maybe my wardrobes are small? Cos i swear my outfits dont vary that much, it doesnt seem like i have a lot of stuff anyway...

Went to Ikea today and bought loads more to fill my room up with :awesome:

annd does anyone know if oil lamps are allowed in rooms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    I think maybe my wardrobes are small? Cos i swear my outfits dont vary that much, it doesnt seem like i have a lot of stuff anyway...

Went to Ikea today and bought loads more to fill my room up with :awesome:

annd does anyone know if oil lamps are allowed in rooms?
    It definitely says no oil lamps/candles etc in the Victoria Hall tenancy agreement. However, I don't know about anywhere else.

What on earth were you buying in ikea? I have only bought a duvet and pillow, covers for both, sheets, a laundry basket and some small floor standing shelves because I was told I'd need them for the ensuite. Although, I'm taking some cushions with me, too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rennie)
    It definitely says no oil lamps/candles etc in the Victoria Hall tenancy agreement. However, I don't know about anywhere else.

What on earth were you buying in ikea? I have only bought a duvet and pillow, covers for both, sheets, a laundry basket and some small floor standing shelves because I was told I'd need them for the ensuite. Although, I'm taking some cushions with me, too...
    Yeah just bedding and cushions and stuff, some storage boxes, and of course meatballs :awesome:

Hmm, shame, i got a really cute oil lamp from urban outfitters...

ReputationRep:
    Received my offer today. Castle Leazes, Catered. I'm not happy at all, because for reasons that I don't particularly want to go into, I simply won't be able to live in catered accommodation. It sucks, I was so excited to go to Newcastle University. The course is absolutely perfect for me, and now since receiving the e-mail saying that I have been offered catered accommodation, I have actually considered withdrawing from the university.

So yeah, has anyone got any advice? Will I be able to swap with rooms with somebody, or am I just screwed?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.