Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Me and my boyfrienfd have been going out for just over two years.He will not let me get facebook. I am desperate to get it, because i am going to uni in september, and i really do not want to lose contact with my friends. He doesn't see it this way because at the start of our relationship i used to go to on the internet and chat to lads i didn't know, but i do not do this anymore. He keeps saying do what you want but i know if i do he will shout at me.

What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    Do it anyway, **** him. Having a relationship where he tells you what you can and can't do over things like this is incredibly unhealthy.
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I would sit him down and talk to him about the reasons why I wanted to get facebook. Explain to him the fact that you think that it will enable you to keep in better touch with your friends from home when you go to uni and also allow you to keep up to date with what is going on at uni (as invites and events are sometimes advertised on facebook. Make it clear that this is not for you to chat up guys and that he would be able to see that if he added you as a friend.

I think that if you are sensible about it he shouldn't really have a problem with it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let him control you indirectly through his behaviour. If you want facebook, get it. I can't understand why people allow other people to tell them what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Get Bebo instead.. that'll Bamboozle him!! haha

ReputationRep:
    He won't let you!? Do you realise how fecked up that is?

ReputationRep:
    Get it & get him to get it too. He's obviously feeling very insecure about you having the opportunity to talk to other boys, so if you both have you can have each other in your relationship status and 'mark each others terroritory' so to speak. Then if you do speak to boys they will know you have a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    He is the man, then, he have the reason!! XD
    This is amazing!!!

ReputationRep:
    next time you give him a blowjob, don't be afraid to use your teeth and then the little ***** won't be telling you what to do.

or if that fails, talk to him about equal rights.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf. Its your life and you can do what you want. What a control freak.

ReputationRep:
    god i wouldnt let a man control me like that. Tell him to **** off. Its your life and not his.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him about it, it is not just a random thing he has picked out of thin air, there is a reason he dosent want you doing it.

When you have the reason you can then try and work throught the problem and talk together about it, at the end of the day facebook is harmless enough and i think you need to tell him how it isnt going to detract from your relationship in anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my boyfrienfd have been going out for just over two years.He will not let me get facebook. I am desperate to get it, because i am going to uni in september, and i really do not want to lose contact with my friends. He doesn't see it this way because at the start of our relationship i used to go to on the internet and chat to lads i didn't know, but i do not do this anymore. He keeps saying do what you want but i know if i do he will shout at me.

What would you do?
    Am I reading correctly?
    He said that you can not have facebook.

Take this advice:

DUMP HIM!!!!!!!!
    How can you allow yourself to follow him and take your orders he is just your boyfriend , not your dad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

What would you do?

Don't let anyone control you. It seems asif you're boyfriend is very jealous, I would stake my student loan on the two of you splitting up after a month of uni because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Do it anyway, **** him. Having a relationship where he tells you what you can and can't do over things like this is incredibly unhealthy.
    Your perfect. :fan:

ReputationRep:
    um, get a facebook account if u want.
    you arent gona marry the guy, so who cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToeRag)
    Get Bebo instead.. that'll Bamboozle him!! haha
    haha! or better yet, Hi5! you could just be like, 'im going on hi5 now', and give him an actual hi5, and he'll have no clue whats going on!

(Original post by BossManSingh)
    Your perfect. :fan:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Oh, so are you! :love:
    Aww, it's a real life internet love story :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Aww, it's a real life internet love story :love:
    LOL what? You little minx you :p:

ReputationRep:
    tell him to stop being such a prick and to get with the times

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.