Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    I have an illness too - what is it that you receive the money for/ from if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to get as much help for it as I can as I can't realistically work so am just wondering what options there are.
    if you can get a doctors note to say you can't work then you can get income support allowance. it doesnt matter if you're still considered to be in education you just have to be over 16 and unable to work.

if you call this number; 0800 055 6688 you can fill out a claim on the phone and then they'll send you a copy of all the info you've given them and you've just got to send back a doctors certificate and you'll get it. it takes about 45 minutes but its not difficult. it's about £65 a week, so well worth applying for.

also.. you might be intitled to Disability Living allowance. if you can prove that through illness or disability you're unable to do certain things.. theres three tiers of it, lower middle and higher.. depending on whats wrong with you, you may well be eligible for one of them.

i don't know where you can get a form to apply for dla because i got given it from people at my hospital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elynnor1811)
    if you can get a doctors note to say you can't work then you can get income support allowance. it doesnt matter if you're still considered to be in education you just have to be over 16 and unable to work.

if you call this number; 0800 055 6688 you can fill out a claim on the phone and then they'll send you a copy of all the info you've given them and you've just got to send back a doctors certificate and you'll get it. it takes about 45 minutes but its not difficult. it's about £65 a week, so well worth applying for.

also.. you might be intitled to Disability Living allowance. if you can prove that through illness or disability you're unable to do certain things.. theres three tiers of it, lower middle and higher.. depending on whats wrong with you, you may well be eligible for one of them.

i don't know where you can get a form to apply for dla because i got given it from people at my hospital.
    Ahhhh that's fantastic, thanks for all the info. +rep! :p: x

ReputationRep:
    I live at home and commute!

I get paid about €260 a week, so that's what I have.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.