Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Finance Income Assessment Issue - Rep available. Watch

ReputationRep:
    OK, so: Basically I have applied online for my loans and tuition fees this year, and only today (late, I know), and it says awaiting confirmation. I've signed into mother's account, and 'supported' my own application, but it hasn't asked for any details of her income or evidence at all, and I'm meant to be applying for the grant and bursary. Have I done something wrong, or am I meant to wait, or can this not be done online?

Please help, because I'm getting so ******* fed up with this form. Rep for most helpful helper.

ReputationRep:
    If you've only done it today then give them time to process it, it takes around 6 weeks to process anyway, they'll probably send you stuff in the post asking for your mums income evidence and whatever else they need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimbobanage)
    If you've only done it today then give them time to process it, it takes around 6 weeks to process anyway, they'll probably send you stuff in the post asking for your mums income evidence and whatever else they need
    Really? The problem is I was planning on going back to Bristol in August to get a job/do some work, and so I can't be here to get the forms filled in (and my mum's not really capable of doing it herself for other reasons).

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it'll be forms you have to fill in, I've never done it online but on the paper application you have to write down parents income and stuff and then send off with it for proof a P45 or whatever they want. On the online application have you put down the income? If they're only gonna need the p45 then would you mum be able to send that off herself or not?

Also if you have an place in Bristol you can always tell them you've had a change of address so they can send any other letters there.
    Give them a phone call, although to make sure I'd call twice and speak to 2 different people, the amount of crap they spew over the phone is ridiculous and I've been told different things several times.

ReputationRep:
    If you are a returning student they will use her financial details from last year because this year they are using the same figures, ie those from 2007-08.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.