Turn on thread page Beta

Repeat only the modules one fails. watch

ReputationRep:
    I have failed two modules this year (2nd year) and i am worried that i wont pass them. If i pass one then fine ill trail that module into my 3rd year but if i fail both i, according to my teacher have two options either to retake the whole year or retake the modules you have failed in.

If i retake the modules i have failed in, would that be for the year?
    So i would be expected to turn up and pass just these two modules:confused:
    Considering i am not enjoying university atm i would see this as a good thing......i would work earn some money, just doing somthing different would help me a lot, also it would give me time to work on my disertation, so when i do start my third year i am not overwelmed.

Is this what he means that i will be able to take only two modules?
    Is this a good idea? or should i retake the whole year, advantages being able to improve previous marks and going to the artic again.
    Thx

ReputationRep:
    If you fail after resists, as far as I am aware you have to do the whole year again.

It happened to my friend, and she had to redo the whole year, but it may vary between institute.

ReputationRep:
    You would just be expected to resit the 2 modules. At my uni you can trail 2 modules though...

You would be enrolled on a part time basis but that would change to full time when you progress to your 3rd year. I wouldn't recommend trailing any modules in your final year due to the fact your workload will be heavier anyway.

Only consider retaking the whole year if you really need to pull your marks up. If I was you, I would try to pass the 2 modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    I would try to pass the 2 modules.
    Obviously.
    I like to be prepared and a part time course my just be what i need, like i said before i'm fed up atm with uni so a bit of time off would be nice, i would not mind working....and i knw the modules will be in the second semester meaning i would work from september to febuary, earning me a nice amount. the work on the two modules from Febuary to the end of the year and because i already have a house planned out i will have acess to the library thus i would work on my disertation. I was also thinking that i would loose my friends not graduate with them ect.....who really cares i mean i can go to the ball, thats enough, and well maybe not having friends in my 3rd year would push me to study more hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOCI)
    Obviously.
    I like to be prepared and a part time course my just be what i need, like i said before i'm fed up atm with uni so a bit of time off would be nice, i would not mind working....and i knw the modules will be in the second semester meaning i would work from september to febuary, earning me a nice amount. the work on the two modules from Febuary to the end of the year and because i already have a house planned out i will have acess to the library thus i would work on my disertation. I was also thinking that i would loose my friends not graduate with them ect.....who really cares i mean i can go to the ball, thats enough, and well maybe not having friends in my 3rd year would push me to study more hours.
    If it sounds good to you then do it.

Do you already have a job lined up? Your loan will change if you are only doing 2 modules and you will be charged to resit modules so you will be paying back more on your student loan.

ReputationRep:
    well it would be less than retaking the whole year.
    I dont have a job lined up, but with a bit of clever cv writing i can get one specially if im working full time.....and it would be wen shops need people in september.....the loan thing doesnt worry me...yeah ill have to pay back more, but atleast ill have a better chance of a better degree mark

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.