Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What funny/annoying/strange things have happened during your exams? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Two year 11's got arrested in between exams this year. Surprisingly the police didn't let them go to do part 2 of the paper xD

Year 11 went into labour during her Maths exam. She had a little boy and didn't call him Pythagoras

My mate turned up drunk from the night before 5 minutes after his C4 exam began. Fell over a table and shouted 'good luck' when he opened his paper. He didn't get warned for that amazingly!

My mate was given the wrong paper twice over and no one realised and she got called back to school to do the correct paper. She has no idea if she's lost 1/3 of her A2 Chemistry yet

Fat invigilator managed to knock himself out. He was taking some tissue to a girl at the back of the hall, tripped, took out three tables and landed in a heap on the floor. It was rather spectacular

Same invigilator falling off his chair when he saw the Head of Maths' daughter walk in. He reeeeeeeally fancies her xD

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so many babies. I doubt I'd be doing exams if I were preggers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    Two year 11's got arrested in between exams this year. Surprisingly the police didn't let them go to do part 2 of the paper xD

Year 11 went into labour during her Maths exam. She had a little boy and didn't call him Pythagoras

My mate turned up drunk from the night before 5 minutes after his C4 exam began. Fell over a table and shouted 'good luck' when he opened his paper. He didn't get warned for that amazingly!

My mate was given the wrong paper twice over and no one realised and she got called back to school to do the correct paper. She has no idea if she's lost 1/3 of her A2 Chemistry yet

Fat invigilator managed to knock himself out. He was taking some tissue to a girl at the back of the hall, tripped, took out three tables and landed in a heap on the floor. It was rather spectacular

Same invigilator falling off his chair when he saw the Head of Maths' daughter walk in. He reeeeeeeally fancies her xD
    hahaa

mine are:
    room started flooding during a spanish listening exam (I didn't take spanish luckily). Everyone had to keep moving further and further back and they wouldn't even pause the tape, so people missed loads of questions.

I was the only one taking an exam, and they'd got the room wrong so I was waiting outside the right room for 15 minutes until they realised and came and found me, I didn't know what to do

My friend was looking for her seat just before the exam wasabout to start, and the inviligator directed her to the opposite side of the room (she was meant to be next to me) Me and a couple of people nearby kept trying to get her attention, but she kept wandering round the other side of the exam hall. I suppose you had to be there but we were all trying so hard not to laugh

someone dropped their pen quite far, and when they were leaning over to pick it up they fell off their chair and also managed to kick the desk over, which knocked the next person's desk over. I was hoping for full scale desk-dominoes but it didn't happen

that's all I can think of for now

ReputationRep:
    Just as we were getting a lecture of invigilators about mobile phones one of theirs went off in their bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerodos)
    Just as we were getting a lecture of invigilators about mobile phones one of theirs went off in their bag.
    ironnnnnnnnnnny

ReputationRep:
    - walked into the wrong exam hall
    - professors cell phone kept ringing, when he decided to answer and whisppered: I can't talk right now hun, i'm in the middle of something"

ReputationRep:
    People were playing 'bogies'.

(You know... that game they played on **** and Dom in da Bungalow...?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Pieb)
    Someone opening the door into the sports hall, and shouting "BOOOBSS" and running off, cue all the invigilators running out after him, funny as ****
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    people throwing skittles with immense accuracy aiming for peoples heads *

all but one person finishing a film paper early... and simultaneously looking around smiling*

someones phone going off with the jingle bells ringtone.... in January *

ReputationRep:
    Well this must have ultimately been one of the worst things to happen
    but 30 minutes into our english exam, a girl was removed by an invigilator and office staff to be told her dad had had a heart attack
    that must be devastating, dunno what happened about her exam either.

ReputationRep:
    I was doing my gcses 3 years ago and I could see the girl to my left fidgeting out the corner of my eye so I glanced over. To my horror I saw her taking a piece of folded up toilet roll from out of her trousers, putting it in her bag and putting some more down there! And because it was an exam I had to sit there and be quiet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    I was doing my gcses 3 years ago and I could see the girl to my left fidgeting out the corner of my eye so I glanced over. To my horror I saw her taking a piece of folded up toilet roll from out of her trousers, putting it in her bag and putting some more down there! And because it was an exam I had to sit there and be quiet.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek:

She must have had some kind of mental problem, right?

The things that happen in my exams are usually of the annoying kind : foot tapping (my exam number is near a guys who has ADHD), coughing deliberately (Foundation level chavs who finished before the Higher levels :mad: selfish *****. I was like 'OMG' really loudly which surprised a lot of people because they don't expect me to do that :rolleyes: ), invigilators bloody pacing very loudly, sometimes in HEELS!, being ill for the first time in ages, during exam period >_<.

I came in just a bit late to one exam and, after one exam officer wandered round with me looking for my chair, the head invigilator woman shouts my name fairly aggressively and points to where it was. People were surprised at my being reprimanded lol.

Once, before a maths exam, I had my hand up for ages and the exam officers kept missing me out accidentally (I wanted a protractor or something) and then the headteacher, who was at the back of the room, came and got it for me because of the injustice. xD It was a bit embarassing, though - I probably should have had one, and it turned out we didn't need one for that exam anyway.
    During said exam, I thought we had way less time than we actually did at one point, when I looked up at the clock (I didn't see when it started because they didn't write it down, dammit :mad: ) and had a mental breakdown. My thoughts:
    'OMG.
    OMG still have half the paper left.
    OMG I'm going to fail epically. I'm going to get a D. I can't believe I thought I could do maths, I knew I was always incompetent, etc.'
    There was still just under 40/50 minutes left :woo:

Before our English exams, our Head of English came and 'sprinkled (imaginary) fairy dust' over all of us. I'm sure that made me do badly!

ReputationRep:
    We hold our exams in the sports hall, and one time a ping pong came unstuck from the ceiling and landed on someone's desk.
    Random.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    On my maths exam, I sat at the wrong desk :indiff: The girl who was supposed to sit where I was sitting was looking for her seat around the hall all confused and I was like to myself, "Bless her :sadnod:"
    So, 5 minutes had passed since the exam had started, and one of the invigilators came up to me and told me I was sitting at the wrong desk :nothing: I was completely positive I was sitting in the correct place and I even tried to convince her of that for about 30 seconds, then I realised I had read my student number wrong :facepalm2: If that wasn't bad enough, trying to find my own seat was a catastrophe. I nearly tripped on a desk whilst the invigilator and I were looking for my seat. And when I finally did find my seat, I just sat there for 5-7 minutes in a state of shock (wtf?!) :wtf:

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

Ew, it still makes me cringe to this day :afraid:
    I did a similar thing in a maths exam in Year 10. There were 2 sets of seat numbers, one in the main part of the hall and one on the stage. I sat in my seat number that was in the main hall but was supposed to be in that seat number on the stage. It didn't even cross my mind that none of the people doing the same module as me were sitting anywhere near me until the girl who was supposed to be where I was sitting came up to me! Luckily this was before the exam started, but it was quite embarassing having to get up and check exactly where I was again - especially as all of this was after I had heard someone in my class saying "We're on the stage"! :o: I think for some reason I had thought perhaps not all of the people doing our module were sitting on the stage...

ReputationRep:
    In my GCSE science (2 chem, 2 bio and 1 phys), I had a panic attack- couldn't breathe, crying, the whole hog. Rushed every paper, and on about half of it I had the paper shut and randomly guessed letters for answers (it was multiple choice). Convinced myself I'd got Fs, and that I'd have to resit. Results came through and I'd got full marks on all of them. I was very, very, very lucky that day.

ReputationRep:
    In my standard grade PE exam, in the evaluation part where you watch the DVD, a teachers laptop was used to play the DVD. Half way through, a screen saver of the teachers family holiday pictures came up... then someone had to come and fix it and we started the DVD from the start... then the same happened.

Exam delayed by like an hour =[

(Original post by alexss)
    In my GCSE science (2 chem, 2 bio and 1 phys), I had a panic attack- couldn't breathe, crying, the whole hog. Rushed every paper, and on about half of it I had the paper shut and randomly guessed letters for answers (it was multiple choice). Convinced myself I'd got Fs, and that I'd have to resit. Results came through and I'd got full marks on all of them. I was very, very, very lucky that day.
    Wow... congrats to you.

ReputationRep:
    A load of year 9's in practical drama shouting penis in the next room, matched by the supply teacher who was trying to tell them to be quiet, by shouting over them. Then, the invigilator left us to go and tell them to be quiet, after trying to contact someone, via walky-talky, for 20 minutes. She was actually saying "Hello ... over" and "do you read me?" It was like something off The Bill. :|

ReputationRep:
    In my english GCSE the guy next to me had his phone go off.
    His ring tone was "Girls just wanna have fun" Took them about 20 minutes to get everyone to stop laughing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenryChan)
    someone masturbated in in my english exam :/
    This.

Also, we kicked a football into an exam on purpose.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.