Turn on thread page Beta

What funny/annoying/strange things have happened during your exams? watch

ReputationRep:
    Dispite these threads being made constantly, I still love them

The funniest thing that happened this year was during my Modern Studies exam. We were only a small class so we had one invidulator who was, admittedly, far too old to be an invidulator. Five minutes in the poor sod had fallen asleep and was snoring! :p:

There have been a few other things such as a bird flying in the window (with only 10 minutes or so to go so they just left it flapping about) and invidulators falling over and tripping over peoples feet.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, I can never listen to music before an exam... I get songs stuck in my head and its horrible.

During my prelims, someones phone went off literally 2 minutes before the end and he had already finished. He had all his prelims canciled. Poor guy...

My candidate number means that often I end up sitting near a certain girl who sits clicking her pen through out. I don't think she realises shes doing it but oooh it bugs me so bad.

And I hate it when peoples bellys rumble. Mine does it too though and I sit hugging my belly like 'shut up, people can hear you!' :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Oooh, I can never listen to music before an exam... I get songs stuck in my head and its horrible.

During my prelims, someones phone went off literally 2 minutes before the end and he had already finished. He had all his prelims canciled. Poor guy...

My candidate number means that often I end up sitting near a certain girl who sits clicking her pen through out. I don't think she realises shes doing it but oooh it bugs me so bad.

And I hate it when peoples bellys rumble. Mine does it too though and I sit hugging my belly like 'shut up, people can hear you!' :L
    Pen clicking drives me crazy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    I was doing my gcses 3 years ago and I could see the girl to my left fidgeting out the corner of my eye so I glanced over. To my horror I saw her taking a piece of folded up toilet roll from out of her trousers, putting it in her bag and putting some more down there! And because it was an exam I had to sit there and be quiet.
    it looks like she may have been on her period and didnt have a pad so used tissue instead :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic Tears)
    it looks like she may have been on her period and didnt have a pad so used tissue instead :cool:
    I know that but don't change it in full view of other people! Go to the toilet and do it!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    I know that but don't change it in full view of other people! Go to the toilet and do it!:woo:
    haha good point

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CqgnZhb--Q

LOL! watch this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, we did our exams in a primary school (most of them anyway), and the cloakrooms for the little Primary 1/2 pupils was right next to the exam hall. And their breaktime was always at the same time as our exams so they would go into the rooms next door and then take off their VELCRO shoes. And then, if one of them was making too much noise with the velcro shoes, another would go "SHHH!" really loudly and disturb us even more.
    Looking back, it was kind of funny but it was so distracting. That annoyed me for 3 years, and it never changed! I still don't know why they would hold exams down there. It's just asking for trouble with all of the kids yelling and screaming at playtime while we're trying to think.
    Also, a few people have either had massive nervous twitches or have become consumed by rage, because every year at least one person has launched their pencil case across the room where everything has flown out of it. Cue invigilators trying to retrieve everything for the next 5 minutes.
    Apart from that, nothing crazy has really happened.

EDIT: I just remembered my Higher English exam. We have to do Close Reading in the morning and then 2 critical essays later on. Now, I was on the critical essay part and I'd just finished my first one, but for some reason I thought that at a particular time the invigilators would tell everyone when to start the second one (theres' a time limit for the whole thing). So I actually sat there for about 5-10 minutes doing nothing, then realised that no-one was going to tell me when to start. ><
    Never felt so silly in an exam. Still got an A though so I'm happy. I just had to write very very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when invigilators whisper at the front. It's so ******* distracting.

ReputationRep:
    Our invigilators just sit there and eat biscuits/drink coffee.
    And I usually get really hungry towards the end of an exam, so that makes it worse. I've heard multiple tummy rumblings by the end of exams, while the staff at the front of the hall are still eating haha.
    Very distracting.
    Although generally I end up hearing all of the tiniest noises during an exam (my hearing seems better than normal when I'm in there). So I get distracted anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a grumpy ***** during exam time, so things that irrtate me, irritate me.

ReputationRep:
    Some idiot kicking the back of my chair. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I had a mate who in my politics exam in a tiny room (about 6 of us in there) got out a packet of mints and started arranging them on the table, it was so loud and distracted me. Literally while everyone was scribbling away he was sitting there counting bloody mints , grrrr that really got on my nerve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I'm a grumpy ***** during exam time, so things that irrtate me, irritate me.
    HAHA me too!

I had a few annoying moments during my exams
    * An invigilator who decided that it was a good idea to have lots of loose change and keys in his pocket while walking up and down the isle.
    *Another invigilator who went out of the sports hall to tell children to be quiet by "shhh"ing and left the door open for at least 20 minutes, kind of defeates the whole point of us having a door to block out the sound lol.

*Me being placed by an open window with blinds on a windy day. The blinds kept banding against the window in the end everyone was looking round at me as if to say "shut the damn window" so I thought heck it and I did haha.

*This was stupid on my part but wearing loud shoes on the final exam and then needing to go to the toilet half way through, all you could hear was clip clop clip clop.

*When my friend finished early and sat there looking satisfied with at least 10 minutes to go...ggrrrrr lol

*People asking for MORE RUDDY PAPER!( though I was guilty of that this year...it was just waffle though and I knew I had messed up)

ReputationRep:
    what annoys me during the exam is that i finish the test very early...and every time i find silly mistakes in my paper...

ReputationRep:
    Funniest thing I have seen is some ned/chavs front of her paper and their was a massive score were her name should have been and then some scirbbly writing next to it
    (Looked like she spelled her name wrong and then tried to explain it....)

ReputationRep:
    Two 50+ teachers chirpsing like mad. Yuck. Being at the front of the exam hall sucks

ReputationRep:
    This morning, the invigilator was going through the whole 'You're not allowed mobile phones etc' and then two of the invigilator's phones started ringing. Oh the shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic Tears)
    haha good point
    It wasn't really...as the girl was in the middle of an exam?

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.