Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anon as I don't want my friends to read this...

...but basically I am bored of life. Not in the sense that I wanna commit suicide or anything like that but I'm bored of the small town that I live in (a borough of London) I'm bored of all my friends and their faults, I'm bored of having the same anxieties/fears, I'm bored of visiting the same places and doing the same things. Especially with the same people. How do I break out of this rut?
    And does anyone else feel like this?

P.S. I am going to University at the end of September but I don't feel like waiting 2 months to get a better life. And also I want to make this summer as memorable as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Where abouts in London do you live , what borough , I want compare

ReputationRep:
    drugs

No but seriously don't do anything stupid just to break out of the cycle, suggests to your mates that you go somewhere different than to the usual places.

ReputationRep:
    Post more on TSR?

:awesome:

I feel the same, just bored! So I've decided to do something different like a new hobbie or something, meet some new people and just give me something different to do! Its working so far

ReputationRep:
    I'm also bored of life! But this is mainly to do with my work place...
    I have decided to (almost) always attend any events/occasions that friends are having (great way of making new friends or bettering friendships you already have) and also I like to visit the gym regularly as this gives me a zest for life (great way of putting it!)

(Original post by Gibb~)
    drugs

No but seriously don't do anything stupid just to break out of the cycle, suggests to your mates that you go somewhere different than to the usual places.
    been there done that.!

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored of life aswel, and it gets me down sometimes because I want to do something really exciting (I dont know what). Exercise helps. Doing a sport helps, whether its like a group sport or individual. Find something to work on or something to learn. Maybe visit the leisure centre and see what courses are going on?

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel, im the same most times im at home.

For me uni was the changing point, it was a chance to start again and do things you wouldnt normally do.
    But if you wanna make changes before then, why not look into finding new things to do, or you could take up doing something new. Also attend as many things as you can that your friends might organise etc..way to meet new people.

ReputationRep:
    thatsjust is gave some pretty sound advice:

I felt the same as you not too long ago, and I still do sometimes - but that's just life; it happens to everyone. Not only does it kill lots of time (couple hours a day if you want) - but exercise releases endorphins which make you happy lol.

Also, you never know what might happen - I joined a gym to help get over my depression (which was caused by being bored of life and having no meaning etc) - and not only was I more confident and happier, I met some new friends.

Even with your existing friends, just suggest something random, just get up and go - just walk somewhere you've never walked and see where you end up!

Hope this helps

latot

ReputationRep:
    Try something adventerous, do something new you will be suprised when you get the motivation to actually do something new it can make you feel great.

Have you got a job? or at least thought about looking for one? They can be a great thing for splitting the day up, meeting people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anon as I don't want my friends to read this...

...but basically I am bored of life. Not in the sense that I wanna commit suicide or anything like that but I'm bored of the small town that I live in (a borough of London) I'm bored of all my friends and their faults, I'm bored of having the same anxieties/fears, I'm bored of visiting the same places and doing the same things. Especially with the same people. How do I break out of this rut?
    And does anyone else feel like this?

P.S. I am going to University at the end of September but I don't feel like waiting 2 months to get a better life. And also I want to make this summer as memorable as possible.
    I felt exactly the same before I went to Uni, then I had the best year of my life. Unfortunately i'm feeling that way again as I wait for this period of purgatory to pass.

ReputationRep:
    bored of london?
    how!

(Original post by mitsabeeba)
    bored of london?
    how!
    probably because I stay in my suburb and my cocooned area of London. But I'm travelling around Central more now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.