Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just curious as to what kinds there are? Also do you enjoy them?

ReputationRep:
    RAG and Drama were/are my only two societies, very much enjoyed them.

ReputationRep:
    Whats RAG?

ReputationRep:
    RAG is recieving and giving, its a charity.

I was an active member of rugby, LOVED it , was a total beginner but made so many amazing friends there.

Also in RAG and for a very little while, the Neighbours society

ReputationRep:
    I'm a member of PsychSoc - the Psychology Society - and an as yet unnamed society that my friends and I are starting with the general idea of offering an alternative to the pub crawls and clubbing nights which every other society seems to turn into.

In the past I've also been a member of Language Exchange Society and Aston Snow (ski society).

I'm not a member of the following but these are some of the stranger Aston societies....
    *Queuing Society - socials involve going into Brum city centre and starting a queue for no reason other than to see how many people (members of the public inc!) they can get to join the back of it. The winner is the team with the most people in their queue!

*Xtreme BBQ - just have BBQs in 'extreme' places, ie top of a building, by Aston's lake in winter in just tshirt and shorts... you get the idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soda__Dreamer)
    Whats RAG?
    RAG is, as Lucy said, Raising and Giving. At BL, the RAG committee organise the week long collection - everything from getting freshers out with buckets to arranging permits and organising events in the evening. We also do a couple of events throughout the year and publish an annual magazine.

ReputationRep:
    Drama Society, which I'm now treasurer of :P Get my own hoodie and everything haha.

ReputationRep:
    Welsh society, rock society and the computer science society. Pretty much self explanatory really. And I'm in the lifesaving club.

ReputationRep:
    Islamic society

ReputationRep:
    Taekwondo - treassurer

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.