Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to move in with some friends and have a few questions. Is Hulme popular with students? What about safety? You seem to get a lot more for your money but I'm worried about safety and transport links to the Uni mainly.

Thanks!

(Original post by laulise)
    I'm looking to move in with some friends and have a few questions. Is Hulme popular with students? What about safety? You seem to get a lot more for your money but I'm worried about safety and transport links to the Uni mainly.

Thanks!
    Quite a few students seem to live over that way. I think the main bus link is the 250 that goes from Picc Gardens, via the RNCM (bus stop by the scream pub), through Hulme and to the Trafford Centre. I think there's also a link type bus to the big Asda there.

ReputationRep:
    I have lived in Hulme all my life and I can say it is much safer than in the past. The transport links are really good there must be at least 10 buses to oxford rd 86, 85, 46, 57, 53, 265, 290, 54 are all I can think of for now.
    Have a look at "Best in Hulme" forum online to keep up to date on whats on in Hulme.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.