Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

when it comes to potential period pain..is it better to stay in or risk it? watch

Announcements

Sometimes I get bad period cramps when im on which make me feel very hot, irritable and anxious (for some reason but its really unpleasant) Ive fainted a few times because of it and Ive noticed that if I go jogging a few days before my period the irratable anxious cramping feeling will come on for some reason exersise sometimes triggers it all.

A lot of the time Im ok though I take mefanemic acid which sometimes works sometimes doesn't Ive only fainted twice cause of period cramps bu both times I was out in public.

Anyway as a result I always avoid going out on a period if I can im scared of what might happen. The dilemma is though that a lot of the time I might be fine and im missing out on things just because of the possibility that I might get cramps, panicky and faint in public.

I really want to do sport in a few hours like I usually do on wednesday but Im on a period so whats the logical thing to do go and risk it or stop in and be safe:confused:

I just don't know but im starting a nursing degree soon so I'l have to put up with it (then again it won't involve exersise.)

ReputationRep:
    Are you on the pill? that normally controls the pain and the feeling of fainting for me.

Ive never fainted but there were times when i wasnt on the pill and i felt close to fainting.

But if your not, dont let it stop you from doing what you enjoy.

(Original post by Angeo)
    Are you on the pill? that normally controls the pain and the feeling of fainting for me.

Ive never fainted but there were times when i wasnt on the pill and i felt close to fainting.

But if your not, dont let it stop you from doing what you enjoy.
    Nah I tried it but it kept making me sick Im not keen on the idea of it anyway. The thing is if I go and do as please but it starts I'l really wish Id have stayed at home. Im always indecisive like this.. lol.

ReputationRep:
    awww, well if you stay at home im sure you will have wished you went out lol. Im like that.
    Your the only one that can truly understand your body and how predictable it is.
    You got any strong painkillers? take some before you go out. Should subside the pain a litttle.

ReputationRep:
    i try and do as much exercise as possible before my period
    not only does it significantly shorten the duration (like from 5 days to like 2-3 days) , makes it lighter and less period pain.... if any

Try Raspberry leaf tea!

ReputationRep:
    Have you been to the doctors about it? I mean if its affecting your life even with the medication you have, they might be able to try you with something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nah I tried it but it kept making me sick Im not keen on the idea of it anyway. The thing is if I go and do as please but it starts I'l really wish Id have stayed at home. Im always indecisive like this.. lol.
    I used to get this quite a lot, fainting, vomiting, shaking etc. My GP suggested that i go on the pill which i wasn't too keen on and i didn't end up using it anyway. What did help was changing my diet, especially the week before i would come on, I'd made sure i ate many healthy foods and it eased the pain eventually when i did start my period.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.