The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, but I've been on the receiving end of a 'No win no fee' case regarding a motorcycle accident. My insurance paid out the fair amount but the guy wanted more. Bunch of parasites.

If it's fair then it's ok, but some just take the piss.
Reply 2
Yes, when I was about 7, I was riding my bike in the evening, and the council decided to dig a huge hole in the road with no signs or ballads to give people notice. It was on a junction, I turned into the junction and went into this large hole, broke my collarbone. I got about £2000. Spent in :smile:
Reply 3
Yes I sued my youngest sons primary school for neglect after a main gate had been left open. He went to close it ( the kids had just come out for morning play) and he sliced the top of his finger clean off!. He was only 4 at the time. He received a 4.5k settlement , out of court, which was put in to a special bank account that earns loads of interest. He will get the money when he is 18, which is 8 years away yet.
His finger still isnt right, despite plastic surgery, we have been told that he may need further surgery at some point.
My brother was involved in a motobike accident that wasnt his fault.
Because he had legal cover included in his insurance they wanted to take it to court, he wasnt bothered but let them get on with it.
He won, about £2500 when he wasnt even bothered about it going to court at all. He didnt have any broken bones or anything :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Sounds like it worked out well for most people :smile: Im hoping to get a settlement of about 5k (including wage loses as I was unable to work for 2 months) after a box of 25kg weights fell from a high shelf and shattered my toe in 6 pieces. Im more annoyed at the fact, if i was bent down and that fell and hit me on the head I could have been brain damaged!! And yet ''its not their fault'' pfft
I started a claim in 06 after being in a car accident that wasn't our fault. I had a broken coccyx and subsequent coccydynia. Got 9k about 4 months ago. They dun'arff drag on. My sister's still in the middle of her claim - she's having surgery on her shoulder 3 years later.
Reply 7
nope. I told my mum she should try talking to a company doing them to see if she has a case but she says there's no point.

Basically she works in a lab and some machines involve radiation. Her and the women who works at the same desk and do the same things both got breast cancer in the same month. Ok it might just be coincidence but she doesn't wear all that radiation protective gear and maybe a machine has a fault. Worth investigating even if it's just to protect others IMO.
Ugh no but those adverts REALLY annoy me.
PI claims can take a long time. My mum is still involved in hers for a car accident that has damaged her knee.
No, but that advert makes me think that the 'no win no fee' ones are just for opportunistic scum. Like the man who went up a ladder: 'they gave me the wrong type of ladder' - so why the **** did you go up it? Or the women who slipped over - watch where you're going! God.
Reply 11
I recieved over £3,000 for a car accident.
melhunt
Sounds like it worked out well for most people :smile: Im hoping to get a settlement of about 5k (including wage loses as I was unable to work for 2 months) after a box of 25kg weights fell from a high shelf and shattered my toe in 6 pieces. Im more annoyed at the fact, if i was bent down and that fell and hit me on the head I could have been brain damaged!! And yet ''its not their fault'' pfft

why WAS it their fault?

was it ebcause they had a system of putting weights up high or was it ebcause just one member of staff went against polciy and put them up there?
"Have YOU been in an accident that wasn't your fault?"
If you ask the scousers on here, you'll no doubt get a YES.

They're at it (claims) like rabbits.

I've had no reason to go in for a claim and I like to think I'm above faking **** or sexing something up to be more than it actually is - something which is commonplace tbh.
Reply 15
nah but i know someone who got 3k for standing on a piece of glass in a council owned football pitch.....i do remember thinking that i wouldn't have minded some of that lol :biggrin:
All the opportunities Ive missed to make personal injury claims...I cut my foot open on some broken glass round a swimming pool and got fobbed off with some free icecream, seems like a could have got a few grand out of them!
i know someone who got ran over in her school car park by a teacher and got about £3000 for it
I got neat chlorine sterelant in my eye at work a month or so ago, I could have claimed cos it says everywhere on the bottle that safety goggles and an apron and stuff must be provided and they'd never been.

I needed my job though and didn't want to sue and get a massive bad feeling at work.. I've quit so only have two weeks left now, I've been wondering about looking into it :/
I can see why people do it, but i hate this culture our country has got into. Accidents happen, this is gold digging.

Latest

Trending

Trending