Turn on thread page Beta

Injury Claims - have you ever? watch

ReputationRep:
    I got $22 million dollars after Michael Jackson molested me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    why WAS it their fault?

was it ebcause they had a system of putting weights up high or was it ebcause just one member of staff went against polciy and put them up there?
    There were a number of factors, heavy items should always be placed on the floor or bottom shelf, the box was hanging off the shelf and was covered in/around other boxes, it wasnt clearly marked, and I wasnt provided with safety shoes dispite working in the warehouse most of the time.

Pretty clear case in my mind. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melhunt)
    There were a number of factors, heavy items should always be placed on the floor or bottom shelf, the box was hanging off the shelf and was covered in/around other boxes, it wasnt clearly marked, and I wasnt provided with safety shoes dispite working in the warehouse most of the time.

Pretty clear case in my mind. :P
    Sounds pretty clear-cut. I really doubt it'll go to court. Most cases like these are settled out of court.

My parents were given around £30k after falling over a low wall into a sunken courtyard (they couldn't see it because it was pitch black and the light was broken) at my brother's primary school. My mum had pretty serious injuries; sounds like you did as well. Good luck with your case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Sounds pretty clear-cut. I really doubt it'll go to court. Most cases like these are settled out of court.

My parents were given around £30k after falling over a low wall into a sunken courtyard (they couldn't see it because it was pitch black and the light was broken) at my brother's primary school. My mum had pretty serious injuries; sounds like you did as well. Good luck with your case!
    Thanks, my solicitor agrees that once a court date has been issued and its closer the time, they'll just give in and offer me some money.There was no CCTV so its my word against theirs, and I wouldnt drop a box of weights on my foot on purpose (which is what they are claiming haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigercallie)
    I can see why people do it, but i hate this culture our country has got into. Accidents happen, this is gold digging.
    Some people might be. But me and the Argos guy would have a genuine case because our accidents happened due to the company failing to follow health and safety procedures rather than just being opportunistic :/

Case in point about mine - the store manager just about **** himself, and the next morning there was a set of goggles in the cupboard.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.