Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got $22 million dollars after Michael Jackson molested me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    why WAS it their fault?

was it ebcause they had a system of putting weights up high or was it ebcause just one member of staff went against polciy and put them up there?
    There were a number of factors, heavy items should always be placed on the floor or bottom shelf, the box was hanging off the shelf and was covered in/around other boxes, it wasnt clearly marked, and I wasnt provided with safety shoes dispite working in the warehouse most of the time.

Pretty clear case in my mind. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melhunt)
    There were a number of factors, heavy items should always be placed on the floor or bottom shelf, the box was hanging off the shelf and was covered in/around other boxes, it wasnt clearly marked, and I wasnt provided with safety shoes dispite working in the warehouse most of the time.

Pretty clear case in my mind. :P
    Sounds pretty clear-cut. I really doubt it'll go to court. Most cases like these are settled out of court.

My parents were given around £30k after falling over a low wall into a sunken courtyard (they couldn't see it because it was pitch black and the light was broken) at my brother's primary school. My mum had pretty serious injuries; sounds like you did as well. Good luck with your case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Sounds pretty clear-cut. I really doubt it'll go to court. Most cases like these are settled out of court.

My parents were given around £30k after falling over a low wall into a sunken courtyard (they couldn't see it because it was pitch black and the light was broken) at my brother's primary school. My mum had pretty serious injuries; sounds like you did as well. Good luck with your case!
    Thanks, my solicitor agrees that once a court date has been issued and its closer the time, they'll just give in and offer me some money.There was no CCTV so its my word against theirs, and I wouldnt drop a box of weights on my foot on purpose (which is what they are claiming haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigercallie)
    I can see why people do it, but i hate this culture our country has got into. Accidents happen, this is gold digging.
    Some people might be. But me and the Argos guy would have a genuine case because our accidents happened due to the company failing to follow health and safety procedures rather than just being opportunistic :/

Case in point about mine - the store manager just about **** himself, and the next morning there was a set of goggles in the cupboard.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.